Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: Pedrinho and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby SFOGdude25 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:00 am

Total guess here, but I bet RMC will want to take their time to place the track sections that are inside the structure since those pieces will have to be guided in and around all the lumber. I'm guessing this is one of the reasons why RMC wanted a jump start on the project. That and the fact that this ride is just really f**king huge.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:22 am

thrillrider wrote:The more track that is put in place, the more it looks like The new Texas giant.

Man, looking at that picture of New Texas Giant kind of puts into perspective just how massive New mean Streak is, I mean those turnarounds on Mean Streak might be twice as tall as the ones on the Giant. I know I'm stating the obvious at this point but this thing is going to be an incredible ride.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby MARK » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:33 am

^ Yeah the more it looks like New Texas Giant's bigger, badder, scarier brother.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:15 am

Just wow. I mean, if they made the last Dinn-Summers woodie into something as amazing as New Texas Giant, I can only imagine how this will turn out with all the experience RMC has now. The frontier area of the park is my favorite, even more so now.

Great pics! Some of those elements are looking absolutely insane in the best way possible.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby King » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:11 am

It does look a lot like the Texas Giant which is still my fav RMC conversion of the 3 I've ridden. I'm also happy that it's keeping all of it's track length. I can't wait to ride.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BigBad » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:56 am

Arthur_Seaton wrote:I'm still not sure about that massive outward-banked turn. I'm looking forward to seeing the ride in operation (and riding someday), but I'm probably one of very few people here who isn't a fan of RMC's outward-bank airtime moments. If the train takes that element at speed (which it will, given the height of that drop) it's going to slam you into the restraints and pin you there pretty hard. If it's more sustained than the smaller outward-banks RMC has done so far, I think it might produce a different effect, but I'm still side-eyeing it a bit. Also, the outward bank on the return lap that dips back into the main structure (the one that runs next to the first drop) looks like it's going to be very intense. It's a crazy-looking ride overall, and I am really looking forward to seeing some official stats here soon.
The airtime vector and the lateral G vector should be fairly independent of each other. There can be some force straight up into the restraint, which is just air like we'd expect from RMC, and then there can be a distinct force to the side. Since the track is banked, the sideways force has more to do with how the track changes in the vertical direction.

I don't have a good feel for how that hill is shaped, but it's certainly possible to engineer it so that there is a strong force up into the restraint like you'd get from an RMC air hill, yet the sideways forces are balanced, and this can be done at any banking angle. My lone experience with RMC is Wicked Cyclone, where they did not follow this plan and have strong lateral forces on the outward-banked moments, but I've heard from others that Outlaw Run has an outward banked moment where it feels like a standard ejector hill, but you see the ground to your side instead of below you.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Steely Dan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:11 am

Last edited by Steely Dan on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:53 pm.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:16 am

Just popping into say thanks for all the coverage yesterday! Great photos and video! This thing looks amazing.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mossed » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:30 am

MARK wrote:^ Yeah the more it looks like New Texas Giant's bigger, badder, scarier brother.

RMC Mean streak = the Mountain.
Top 10 - 1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Intimidator 305 3.) Maverick. 4.) Lightning Rod 5.) Fury325 6.) Phoenix 7.) Twisted Colossus 8.) Taron 9.) Millennium Force 10.) Expedition GeForce

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:37 am

It feels like just yesterday that people were saying this ride could be done by opening day 2017. Are those people still around and claiming it'll be open next month?

PreviousNext