Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterkyle » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:33 pm

chammonds96 wrote:No, they are dumb. They can obviously see bright new steel track on what was a wood coaster. What thinking person would think new track means it's being torn down? There is also the fact that you don't need to be precise and exacting if it's being completely torn down. They can tear down a wood coaster really quick if you have no need to save parts or relocate it. They could just wrecking ball it over the off season.

People like you make me cringe, to the point I hate considering myself an enthusiast. To take a hobby to the point where you're calling people dumb because they don't notice something so obvious to you or me; is taking it too far in my opinion.
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:38 pm

coasterkyle wrote:
chammonds96 wrote:No, they are dumb. They can obviously see bright new steel track on what was a wood coaster. What thinking person would think new track means it's being torn down? There is also the fact that you don't need to be precise and exacting if it's being completely torn down. They can tear down a wood coaster really quick if you have no need to save parts or relocate it. They could just wrecking ball it over the off season.

People like you make me cringe, to the point I hate considering myself an enthusiast. To take a hobby to the point where you're calling people dumb because they don't notice something so obvious to you or me; is taking it too far in my opinion.

:nina:
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:38 pm

coasterkyle wrote:

:nina: :nina: :nina:

Perfectly said.
Bigger is not always better.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

coasterkyle wrote:

I now keep this gif on my desktop as I feel it's use just sums up my feelings perfectly. I also consider myself a semi-enthusiast for exactly that reason. The extreme enthusiasts give enthusiasts a bad name.
giphy.gif
Last edited by Guy T. Koepp on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:54 pm.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby chammonds96 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:46 pm

Guy T. Koepp wrote:
coasterkyle wrote:

I now keep this gif on my desktop as I feel it's use just sums up my feelings perfectly.

It's obvious to people with eyes and able to think.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:28 pm

My wife is not nearly as passionate about coasters as I am. My Wife never noticed the steel track on Mean Streak until I pointed it out to her. Even then I had to reference Storm Chaser and Goliath as references to her to try to explain to her what they were doing. Its not a common thing to the gp.
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:29 pm

grsupercity wrote:My wife is not nearly as passionate about coasters as I am. My Wife never noticed the steel track on Mean Streak until I pointed it out to her. Even then I had to reference Storm Chaser and Goliath as references to her to try to explain to her what they were doing. Its not a common thing to the gp.

Sorry to break it to you, but I think your wife might have a classic case of "dumb"...

/s
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby JT325 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Come on now, you can be an extreme enthusiast and still be polite and levelheaded :angel:
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:42 pm

chammonds96 wrote:
coasterkyle wrote:Or instead of calling them dumb, they just don't care like we do and/or don't look at it and notice every single change going on. They see a coaster that was announced that it was being torn down, so they see the cranes and they think nothing of it other than its being dismantled.

No, they are dumb. They can obviously see bright new steel track on what was a wood coaster. What thinking person would think new track means it's being torn down? There is also the fact that you don't need to be precise and exacting if it's being completely torn down. They can tear down a wood coaster really quick if you have no need to save parts or relocate it. They could just wrecking ball it over the off season.

So can you casually walk past a auto body shop and know if new parts, after market parts or second hand parts are being installed. If not car enthusiasts think you are dumb.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby mark549 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:47 pm

My niece, who is smart, passed on riding Joker at SFDK because she thought it was just "new track" on the former Roar. (I wasn't with her, that time.) I told her, after her visit, that it was a totally new ride, much improved ... something to anticipate for the next visit.

Iron Streak is at the very back of CP, perhaps easily missed by a casual visitor (at least this year).

That said, I find most people in our culture lack what pilots call "situational awareness," a much bigger problem than noticing whether a rollercoaster is being revamped or removed.

PreviousNext