Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Keetz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:31 am

While it's been frustrating to not have an official announcement, I'm really loving the anticipation of watching this monster come together piece by piece.

The massive outward banked airtime hill on RMC Mean Streak looks like a seriously demented version of Lightning Rod's ~twist~and~shout~, which might be my favorite element on the ride. I have no idea how fast the train will take the element, but I am expecting strong floating airtime, but the lateral nature will make it feel wonderfully bizarre.

Does anyone know how tall the MCBR on Mean Streak was? I'm curious how many feet of track might come after that drop.

Also, how well do RMC coasters do with hourly capacity?
| Lightning Rod | Skyrush | El Toro | Intimidator 305 | Maverick |

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:34 am

I still can't get over how many people at CP I met back in June and again this month that had NO idea Mean Streak was being converted. I'd make a comment in line somewhere in conversation with my SO about how I can't wait to come back next year for Mean Streak, and inevitably some GP would chime in that MS is closed and they're tearing it down. I'd then point out all the cranes (at which point they'd say something like "Yes, they need them to disassemble it") and new red track going up. They'd act like they just found out the world isn't flat. It's a massive structure with a heck of a lot of workers making a racket all the time so I truly don't see how anyone on the train or back doing anything at all in Frontier Town wouldn't notice. :lmao:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am

TBpony414 wrote:I still can't get over how many people at CP I met back in June and again this month that had NO idea Mean Streak was being converted. I'd make a comment in line somewhere in conversation with my SO about how I can't wait to come back next year for Mean Streak, and inevitably some GP would chime in that MS is closed and they're tearing it down. I'd then point out all the cranes (at which point they'd say something like "Yes, they need them to disassemble it") and new red track going up. They'd act like they just found out the world isn't flat. It's a massive structure with a heck of a lot of workers making a racket all the time so I truly don't see how anyone on the train or back doing anything at all in Frontier Town wouldn't notice. :lmao:

yep. . I got told many times they were "tearing it down". . particularly at Brews and BBQ. .and we were sitting in the shadow of the dang thing, and could clearly see the new Red track!

people are dumb, sometimes.

EDITED: to add "sometimes". . as I was not basically saying everyone who's not an enthusiast is dumb, which seem to be what this has morphed into.
(when I see certain people agreeing with what I posted? it means that what I posted, didn't come out as I intended).
Last edited by bert425 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:20 pm.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:01 am

I met people on the train last week that 100% thought it was gemini. I guess the double up and double down being right next to each other looks like dueling track. They were convinced that it was just broke down.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:37 am

^I worked on Gemini in 2012 and 2013 and you wouldn't believe how many people would be in line or just sat down in their seats and would point at mean streak and ask if that was Gemini. Even funnier was when they'd ask that after getting off of the ride :lmao:

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby chammonds96 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:00 am

Keetz wrote:
Also, how well do RMC coasters do with hourly capacity?

RMC Mean Streak will likely have capacity similar to New Tx Giant which is listed as 1600/hr. 3 trains, 24 passengers per train. Of course with SF's poor operations it gets way less than spec. CF operations will have it running at a very high capacity.

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:01 am

MS looking great, wow
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Postby coasterkyle » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:52 am

Or instead of calling them dumb, they just don't care like we do and/or don't look at it and notice every single change going on. They see a coaster that was announced that it was being torn down, so they see the cranes and they think nothing of it other than its being dismantled.
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby chammonds96 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:06 pm

coasterkyle wrote:Or instead of calling them dumb, they just don't care like we do and/or don't look at it and notice every single change going on. They see a coaster that was announced that it was being torn down, so they see the cranes and they think nothing of it other than its being dismantled.

No, they are dumb. They can obviously see bright new steel track on what was a wood coaster. What thinking person would think new track means it's being torn down? There is also the fact that you don't need to be precise and exacting if it's being completely torn down. They can tear down a wood coaster really quick if you have no need to save parts or relocate it. They could just wrecking ball it over the off season.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:20 pm

coasterkyle wrote:Or instead of calling them dumb, they just don't care like we do and/or don't look at it and notice every single change going on. They see a coaster that was announced that it was being torn down, so they see the cranes and they think nothing of it other than its being dismantled.

:nina: :nina: :nina:

PreviousNext