Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 18 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Mossed » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:29 pm

It's growing!

I'm interested to see where the ledgers on the third lap go. Seems they are finally starting to add them again.
Top 10 - 1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Intimidator 305 3.) Maverick. 4.) Lightning Rod 5.) Fury325 6.) Phoenix 7.) Twisted Colossus 8.) Taron 9.) Millennium Force 10.) Expedition GeForce

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby anonymouscactus » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:50 pm

WolfBobs wrote: My friend who lived in Cleveland bought a Platinum Pass one season at Carowinds when we traveled there before Point opened. He then had to renew on Carowinds site the next year, not sure if that quirk in the system has been changed.

Nope, you can renew a platinum from any park to any park... HOWEVER... you are then 'locked' into that park for any extras you buy online for that season. For example, if you want the drink pass, or the funpix pass, you must purchase it from the park you renewed your pass at.

So the last two years I had a Canada's Wonderland pass (because they charge the same price in CAD as USD for platinum!) but at the end of last season I renewed as a Cedar Point pass (wanted the free fast lane perk for Cedar Point) and even though it has Wonderland plastered all over the pass, it is actually a Cedar Point pass. The funpix and drink pass were cheaper at Wonderland, but the card is now a Cedar Point pass and I needed to buy extras at the Cedar Point prices. Next year I'll switch back to Wonderland, because I'm sure it will save me a lot of money in the long run (especially with all the new fanciness going in at CP).

There was no need to go to the park you renewed at first to process, as both renewals allowed you to add a photo online and you just used your old card. So even though I now had a Cedar Point pass, I still visited Wonderland first as there was nothing to process.

Make sense? :-P

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby WolfBobs » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:00 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:
WolfBobs wrote: My friend who lived in Cleveland bought a Platinum Pass one season at Carowinds when we traveled there before Point opened. He then had to renew on Carowinds site the next year, not sure if that quirk in the system has been changed.

Nope, you can renew a platinum from any park to any park... HOWEVER... you are then 'locked' into that park for any extras you buy online for that season. For example, if you want the drink pass, or the funpix pass, you must purchase it from the park you renewed your pass at.

So the last two years I had a Canada's Wonderland pass (because they charge the same price in CAD as USD for platinum!) but at the end of last season I renewed as a Cedar Point pass (wanted the free fast lane perk for Cedar Point) and even though it has Wonderland plastered all over the pass, it is actually a Cedar Point pass. The funpix and drink pass were cheaper at Wonderland, but the card is now a Cedar Point pass and I needed to buy extras at the Cedar Point prices. Next year I'll switch back to Wonderland, because I'm sure it will save me a lot of money in the long run (especially with all the new fanciness going in at CP).

There was no need to go to the park you renewed at first to process, as both renewals allowed you to add a photo online and you just used your old card. So even though I now had a Cedar Point pass, I still visited Wonderland first as there was nothing to process.

Yep, but I was purely referring to online renewals. Not at the renewals. A few seasons ago the site had a quirk were you could only renew online on the parks website where the pass was tied. Not sure if that's been corrected or is still a quirk.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:36 pm

chickenbowl wrote:^ Don't forget this beauty. Even more track installed!

Its so purdy!

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:05 am

Mossed wrote:It's growing!

You have that issue when you see New Mean Streak photos too??
Bigger is not always better.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:05 am

Damn double post. :cry:
Bigger is not always better.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby MiABeta » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:19 am

^^ :nina: :nina: :nina:
Top 5 Steel: Steel Vengance, Maverick, Millenium Force, Kraken, Montu
Top 5 Wood: Shivering Timbers, Blue Streak, Zach's Zoomer, Mean Streak, Wolverine Wildcat
Mean Streak: Never Forget - But Steel Vengeance might've stolen my heart.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:01 am

anonymouscactus wrote:

I originally bought mine at CGA last year and this year renewed at Cedar Point, bought funpix at KD where they traded out my CGA labeled platinum for a KD labeled pass, and I believe I bought my drink pass at Cedar Point later. I bought those add-ons in person so I'm not sure if it's different online but I never once ran into the problem of "sorry, you'll have to purchase this at a different park."
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jrexrode » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:43 pm

Assuming I can get off of work, which shouldn't be a problem. I will be at Cedar Point on the 29th and 30th of this month, and possibly the evening of the 28th. I am heading up with my family, but they are going to a car show, and they hate amusement parks anyways. So is anyone gonna be there then? Anyone want to meet up? Meeting some new theme park friends would be awesome!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby DoubleDown » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:41 am

I'm just dumb guessing, but that definitely without a doubt looks like a vertical drop. With IMHO a possibility for a *BEYOND* vertical drop if you look at the ledger second from the top. It looks to protrude out further than the ledger above and below it.

One thing about RMC coasters, at least as far as the ones I have been on...if you sit in the back seat, that first drop is always going to force you into the restraints and get your ass off the seat. Now me personally, I prefer the ones that have a little twist to them (TwistColl, Joker @ SFDK). It kinda catches you off-guard and I like that. It doesn't look like this will be the case with Meaner Streak.

What would have been awesome is if they did the first drop as a combo slight twist left, then a slight twist right to straighten out right before the bottom, but at this point I'm just dreaming and who knows if that would actually work.

Oh and one last note...if at that height the coaster is VERTICAL, I'm kinda baffled at how much structure they're going to have to add to curvature that to match the angle of the lift hill. I think the top of Meaner Streaks lift hill is going to look quite dramatic! 215 feet is my guess.

chickenbowl wrote:^ Don't forget this beauty. Even more track installed!

PreviousNext