Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Mr. Corn » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:19 pm

Jameslofton wrote:You and Westcoasterking should do the world a favor and post less

I'm absolutely stunned you haven't gotten a "Nina Kleppe likes this" yet, so here ya go :nina:

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:49 pm

I'm reserving judgment on the name Railblazer until I see a layout (if it's used at all). And if, as some have worried, there will be too negative a response due to the St. Louis incident, Cedar Fair can always pull a Mantis.

As for the recycling of names, as much as I hate it from a creative standpoint, it makes sense from a business standpoint. Many, if not most, GP won't notice or care. Only one name needs to be trademarked. The ride logos and merch can also be cloned with only subtle differences (such as location of the particular Goliath).
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Mall of America

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Nitro1118 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:12 pm

I doubt almost anyone would be up in arms about an incident that occured over 30 years ago 500 miles away. As an enthusiast for the past 18 years even I have never heard of that incident until now. That is not to say they will go with the name Railblazer, but I don't think that accident will be a factor.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby ImOnABoat » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:29 am

This post was about Mantis and how the name was originally Banshee but as it geing late as I wrote this, i didn't read ^^ so i deleted it and replaced it with this :p

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:01 am

Nitro1118 wrote:I doubt almost anyone would be up in arms about an incident that occured over 30 years ago 500 miles away. As an enthusiast for the past 18 years even I have never heard of that incident until now. That is not to say they will go with the name Railblazer, but I don't think that accident will be a factor.

To be honest, I'm kind of thinking the same thing. As far as someone from the East Coast goes, I had heard about the incident in passing, but I couldn't remember the name. I doubt it has any bearing at all on this outside of a small, select group of people that might possibly remember it. (And/or if a news station decides to use some more gotcha scare tactics.)
That coaster dad [340] and that coaster kiddo [222]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby WOFanatic » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:54 am

Not sure why everyone is just assuming Railblazer is for Cedar Point. Sure, it makes sense to jump to Cedar Point when Cedar Fair files a trademark, especially when they’re building an awesome new ride, but I’m pretty positive it’s not for CP. Like 99.9% positive. The evidence is out there, if you’re willing to look for it.
Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Monster (Adventureland) 4. Outlaw Run 5. Beast 6. Storm Chaser (Kentucky Kingdom) 7. Incredible Hulk 8. Goliath (Great America) 9. Mystic Timbers 10. Rougarou

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:31 am

chickenbowl wrote:We got some new track on the lift finally! Hoping they stick to this section and finish this lift hill, I can't wait to see the fully realized size of this thing

I'm thrilled to see this first hill starting to come together. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun to watch.

Jameslofton wrote:You and Westcoasterking should do the world a favor and post less.

Who's the new guy? I like him. :lol:

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby KIJester » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:19 am

Am I seeing things or does Valrayvn look like it's swaying on the zoomed in webcam?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:29 am

The webcam is swaying. The webcam is on top of Power Tower and it sways slightly from the ride movement of Power Tower and from the wind. It's not an overly windy day but it's windy enough to sway the webcam. The more zoomed in it is, the more noticeable the sway.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby KIJester » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:41 am

OK, thanks, that freaked me out for a second. :lmao:

PreviousNext