Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 29 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby blk_mamba » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:29 am

SharkTums wrote:^Have you fit on other RMC's? From what I've heard it's basically the same as the others, but with longer seat belts.

This would be my first one.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:42 am

^I think if you're okay with MF you should be okay but you also may want to lose a bit to be sure if you're going solely for the reason of getting on it!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:45 am

I attended the First Rider Benefit on Friday with DILinator and his kids. It was my first time doing an event like this!

Spoiler: this report contains a lot of unnecessary adverbs and may abuse the word literally.

Let me say that this ride is literally perfect. It lived up to every expectation and even blew them out of the water. Literally, the only bad thing I could see people say is it's "too intense." In which case, have fun riding Millennium "Forceless"! I can't recall any other coaster taking my breath away as much as this one. I came back into the station after every ride literally coughing for air (I do have asthma). The inversions whipped me more than I expected, and I hit my riding partner in the head both times I rode in the back right, and I actually came away with sore arms! Maybe not an arms up ride, after all? ;) The airtime was forceful and amazing, but I didn't feel like it made my thighs sore at all. I rode once in the front and three times in the back. I'd say the airtime in the first half of the ride was more forceful in the front, but post-MCBR it was stronger in the back.

There, enough geeking out. You all will seriously have to come ride this ASAP! Or don't, and leave the line a little shorter for the rest of us ;)

I'll let the pictures speak further.
IMG_8480.jpg
In case you didn't know, our ticket money was going to the Lebron James Family Foundation!
IMG_8481.jpg
Driving in, just about everything was testing. Love Magnum!
IMG_8482.jpg
My first First Rider Benefit!
IMG_8483.jpg
They had this cool balloon art set up. Wish I could have taken it home to put up in my living room and piss off my housemates.
IMG_8488.jpg
We watched it testing while eating our free food and drinking our free beer!
IMG_8490.jpg
Just a bunch of Westerners...doing Western... things.
IMG_8492.jpg
Apparently DILinator and his kids are too cool to pose with us Westerners
IMG_8497.jpg
We raised over $54,000 for LJFF! I didn't know what LJFF did before the event, but they showed us a video that explained the cause more. As someone studying to become an educator, I really appreciated that the main focus of the foundation centered on educating and providing opportunities for otherwise disadvantaged youth.
IMG_8498.jpg
There was sorta a line here. Sorta a glob of hungry enthusiasts.
IMG_8503.jpg
Fireworks! It's just about time!
IMG_8511.jpg
Artsy Instagram shot
IMG_8515.jpg
First riders. Such wow.
IMG_8525.jpg
There is a really cool place in the queue where you can imagine you're getting run over by Steel Vengeance. Or, if you ignore all the signs to not go in restricted areas, you really can get run over by Steel Vengeance!
IMG_8527.jpg
This ride is even better at night! Are we technically the first night riders?
IMG_8529.png
For PoGo players: I may have lost the Mean Streak gym to Mystic, but I finally finished my special research and caught this little guy! He was more difficult than I thought.
IMG_8530.jpg
Such art. Such Instagram. WOW.
IMG_8534.jpg
Did you know that if you ride Steel Vengeance, you basically become blurry?
IMG_8537.jpg
A cool souvenir after an amazing night!
IMG_8538.jpg
Proof that this is an item no one would care about except enthusiasts!
387303_7592521.jpg
Only negative thing I have to say: I believe their camera placement is seriously not ideal. The person on the right rarely comes out clear, and every photo just overall looks awful. There could be many better placements of the camera! Is it difficult to have it moved? Because I seriously hope they move it!
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby bert425 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:54 am

ha!. . absolutely LOVE the Characters roaming around the coaster, that you can get pics with.

I hope they are still doing that when I get to the park later this summer :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Hmrapp » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:20 pm

Has anyone watched the Coaster Radio podcast?

Mike Collins or E.B. asked Tony Clark where "Blackjack", Chess, and Wyatt were.

Tony responded something along the lines..."Well, Chess is riding the rails, you just rode Chess".

Mike Collins/E.B. take a second of silence... "Uhhhhhh, the dressed up characters"

Gave me a good chuckle.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Cj1990 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:36 pm

Currently here for passholder preview and Steel Vengeance has been down for over an hour. We were lucky enough to get on the fourth train of the day out. The food has been great! And it’s perfect weather to grab a beer and walk around!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:05 pm

Cj1990 wrote:Currently here for passholder preview and Steel Vengeance has been down for over an hour. We were lucky enough to get on the fourth train of the day out. The food has been great! And it’s perfect weather to grab a beer and walk around!

Did they tell you why it was down?
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Airboss » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:51 pm

This is currently being built in the Frontiertown Museum. The builder is on reddit and has confirmed that this will be operational when it is finished.
Last edited by Airboss on Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:15 pm.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:53 pm

^ :lover:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:48 pm

That's pretty awesome!

PreviousNext