SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 54 - Texas Stingray official POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Postby teacherkim » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:57 pm

No, I would ride too, if that's what you are asking. Never really seen anyone have a problem when 1 person joins their party in line; not that we do that on a regular basis. But I will keep that in mind if it's a problem for people, don't want to get the masses angry.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby bgtlover » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:32 pm

teacherkim wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:^ If your focus is the coasters, you should have plenty of time. The only wrinkle would be Texas Stingray if it isn't on the Quick Queue like some of the newer Busch/SeaWorld rides.

I figured as much. If necessary Mom is willing to stand in line for Stingray while the boy rides some of the other coasters and gets his count up. The things we do for kids!

Texas Stingray is definitely not available on Quick Queue Unlimited. They "might" sell one time quick queues for it, as they did so with other additions at SWO & BGT in recent years, but that would only be available to buy the day your're there if offered.
tsqqu.JPG

teacherkim wrote:No, I would ride too, if that's what you are asking. Never really seen anyone have a problem when 1 person joins their party in line; not that we do that on a regular basis. But I will keep that in mind if it's a problem for people, don't want to get the masses angry.

While you may not see it from your experience, I've seen fights start at both SW Orlando and BGT in the line because people wanted to "catch up to their party." That practice is highly frowned upon and is considered line jumping, unless you get permission from a ride attendant for an exception. People in the SW & BG pass member groups I'm in are constantly in an uproar about this issue.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Fingers » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:21 pm

^^ That is considered line jumping. If you cant be bothered to wait in line there are options to buy a pass so you don't wait(maybe not an option for this ride) or wait just like everyone else. Most people get annoyed with people "catching up to their group". You are stuck in a tight space with often obnoxious and poorly smelling folks only to have someone bump into you and say excuse me coming from someone who gives off the perception of "hey I am more important than you so please let me by". 1 person may not be a big deal but you are 1 of many more who do that. I see it more as a respect thing, they have a system that is in place and no one should a above it. As far as I know the acceptable options for leaving the line and shoe horning your way back up front is restroom break and to get water. If anyone thinks I am off base here let me know; I am always interested in other people's opinions and maybe you can enlighten me if I am wrong

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:02 am

Did TPR attend the opening of Texas Sting Ray? I was hoping to see some reviews on here
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:59 am

grsupercity wrote:Did TPR attend the opening of Texas Sting Ray? I was hoping to see some reviews on here

per the twitter feed, yes.

and they said they got some great footage - I suspect it's being edited and will be up soon.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:52 pm

Ok, ok I get it, didn't mean to start a war over line jumping with an off hand (and perhaps not well thought out comment) let's just move on. The original point to my post was about being able to get through the coasters if we only were in the park the last 4-5 hours. It seems the consensus is yes, easily with quick queue but keep your eye on the new coaster, as usual. It does look like a fun little coaster.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby sfkk » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:41 pm

How is Orca Encounter at this park? Same as Orlando?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:59 pm

Apparently there are construction walls up at the park advertising something big coming in 2021. They have dammed up some water from the lake and begun ground work. Does anyone who went this weekend have photos?

If this is another large coaster, my goodness. The SeaWorld chain is officially losing their minds.
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:48 am

Take a ride on Texas Stingray with Albert & April from TPR!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Invertalon » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:43 am

This ride looks so good. I can't wait to see this thing running when the temps are more favorable and broken in a bit. Hoping to get there some weekend this year to go ride it.
-Steve

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!