SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 41: Turtle Reef area to be added in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:44 pm

It's a year-round park now so everything is open. I doubt they'll open for 5pm openings but even the water rides have been operating.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby hoppedup » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:17 am

Steel Eel was great! Nothing fancy maneuver-wise, but what a solid airtime coaster. After Iron Rattler ( the clear choice for best coaster this trip), my daughter liked Titan and Steel Eel the best. She is a hyper girl, I guess. Great White was good, but just another B&M invert. Wave Whatever was a one and done, but good on SWSA for having a family friendly launch coaster.

I am now back in NC after a hell drive through Houston, Atlanta, and Charlotte. TR coming next week.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:24 am

I got some great rides on Steel Eel last year when the MCBR was barely being used. But my rides earlier this year had the MCBR on hard and there was almost no air on the return leg.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- California's Great America & Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Postby hoppedup » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:05 am

The MCBR on Steel Eel was working hard the day we were there. We still got decent airtime. The farther we sat to the back, the more violent the return to the seat was. They strangely let us ride twice without re-entering the queue, but made us exit and re-enter after every two rides, even though there was no one in line at the time.

We had zero issues getting our passes, BTW.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:10 am

^ Sounds like you got some good rides on it. Even in the back the return run didn't do much earlier this year, but the outward leg still had some fantastic air. I really wish Steel Eel had better padding on the seats though for that reason.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- California's Great America & Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:22 am

Anybody know if you can get the Platinum benefits (preferred parking, bring a friend for free, bring a friend for 50%, etc.) at the Florida parks if you buy the San Antonio pass and not just basic free entry?

Postby hoppedup » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:49 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:Anybody know if you can get the Platinum benefits (preferred parking, bring a friend for free, bring a friend for 50%, etc.) at the Florida parks if you buy the San Antonio pass and not just basic free entry?

The verbiage is a little vague on parking on SWSA and SWO's websites. It does say that free parking is not available at Aquatica or Adventure Island in Florida on SWO's membership benefits page. Then again my pass order receipt says my pass is only valid for Texas residents and that was not an issue.

We are going to be visiting BGW, BGT, and SWO this year, and my daughter is going to SWSD, so we should get our money's worth even if we have to pay for parking.

It says this about free tickets on SWO's page:
Florida Platinum Annual Passes receive 2 free guest tickets to be used at 2 parks of your Florida parks of membership, excluding Discovery Cove.

I'm going to visit these parks without expectation and just be happy if we get any perks.

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:58 am

hoppedup wrote:
Too Fast For Comfort wrote:Anybody know if you can get the Platinum benefits (preferred parking, bring a friend for free, bring a friend for 50%, etc.) at the Florida parks if you buy the San Antonio pass and not just basic free entry?

The verbiage is a little vague on parking on SWSA and SWO's websites. It does say that free parking is not available at Aquatica or Adventure Island in Florida on SWO's membership benefits page. Then again my pass order receipt says my pass is only valid for Texas residents and that was not an issue.

We are going to be visiting BGW, BGT, and SWO this year, and my daughter is going to SWSD, so we should get our money's worth even if we have to pay for parking.

It says this about free tickets on SWO's page:
Florida Platinum Annual Passes receive 2 free guest tickets to be used at 2 parks of your Florida parks of membership, excluding Discovery Cove.

I'm going to visit these parks without expectation and just be happy if we get any perks.

I live in Florida, and I was thinking of booking a flight and hitting up SWSA, SFOT, and SFFT to take advantage of this. I'd hate to fly all the way out there and get screwed if I didn't dot my i's and cross my t's. I'm very unhappy with how ambiguous the details are on the official website.

Postby hoppedup » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:11 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:I live in Florida, and I was thinking of booking a flight and hitting up SWSA, SFOT, and SFFT to take advantage of this. I'd hate to fly all the way out there and get screwed if I didn't dot my i's and cross my t's. I'm very unhappy with how ambiguous the details are on the official website.

I'd shoot them an email. They were very responsive to me. There was nothing anywhere that said I had to be a resident of Texas until after the passes were purchased, so I was definitely going for a refund if it wasn't going to work at all. It's my gut that parking is only at your home park. If SFFT and SFOT weren't close, it wouldn't even have been a consideration for me. That said, now that I know how much fun San Antonio is, I'd do it again.

Then again, it may actually be different if you are from Florida. Looking at BGT's site, the only difference between Florida resident passes and visitor passes is that residents can do EZ Pay.

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:20 pm

hoppedup wrote:
Too Fast For Comfort wrote:I live in Florida, and I was thinking of booking a flight and hitting up SWSA, SFOT, and SFFT to take advantage of this. I'd hate to fly all the way out there and get screwed if I didn't dot my i's and cross my t's. I'm very unhappy with how ambiguous the details are on the official website.

I'd shoot them an email. They were very responsive to me. There was nothing anywhere that said I had to be a resident of Texas until after the passes were purchased, so I was definitely going for a refund if it wasn't going to work at all. It's my gut that parking is only at your home park. If SFFT and SFOT weren't close, it wouldn't even have been a consideration for me. That said, now that I know how much fun San Antonio is, I'd do it again.

Then again, it may actually be different if you are from Florida. Looking at BGT's site, the only difference between Florida resident passes and visitor passes is that residents can do EZ Pay.

No, for BGT and SWO, the websites were more clear, and they mentioned that Platinum benefits were only offered to the Florida parks for the Florida platinum pass (but you get free admission at the other parks). It was just wasn't that explicit for the San Antonio website. I was hoping that its just very rare for people to fly all the way to Texas just to scan in, so they were hoping people would. If there's no parking and guest passes for the FL parks, I may just pay the $360, because paying $25 a trip would get pretty expensive, and I like having the passes to encourage new people to come out with me.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!