SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 54 - Texas Stingray official POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:17 pm

I definitely have to make plans to visit this year! =) I always wanted to go, but never took out the time. I NEED THOSE COASTER CREDITS!
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby OmnipotentSeal » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:24 pm

Seeing how most of the layout will skim over the water, it seems there finally is a second "aquatrax" coaster :lmao:
Please wake up. We are trying a new technique. We don't know where this will show up in your dream, but we hope this message will reach you. You are in a coma. Please wake up. Your family needs you.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rill'o'beily » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:30 am

OmnipotentSeal wrote:Seeing how most of the layout will skim over the water, it seems there finally is a second "aquatrax" coaster :lmao:

Oh jesus. This should've been an aquatrax.

/s

Can I park my donkey here?

UPDATE - Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster

Postby chieftom1 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:53 pm

Took another trip over to SeaWorld San Antonio to checkout the progress on their NEW ride, Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster. After looking over the construction, I'd say the track is between 90-95% installed. There are a few outer areas that still need track sections with most of the missing track pieces near the loading station and first launch section. The second coaster hill appears to be higher than the first one but that could be an illusion due to from where you look at the coaster. SeaWorld's construction update says the coaster will be over 60 feet tall, above the water after the lake is filled back in. So that second hill might be the highest one. It appears they have some of the station house platform completed but only time will tell. They still have a lot to do if they are going to also have an area where they explain animal rescues they perform. Wave Breaker’s queue line is going to allow the rider's to experience SeaWorld's story of rescue missions and will invite riders to become involved in SeaWorld’s efforts to protect the wild wonders of our world. NO OPENING DATE has been announced.
DSCF2563.JPG
This view is trying to show the full coaster but with the trees on the island it is difficult to swee.
DSCF2567.JPG
These are the two coaster hills on Wave Breaker. The second hill (the one in the foreground) appears to be higher that the first. The yellow and green coaster is the Steel Eel.
DSCF2571.JPG
A better picture showing both Wave Breaker's hills.
Shot6.jpg
This is a picture showing both launch rails. The one of the left is for the first hill.
DSCF2578.JPG
This again shows the first and second hills, The one to the left is the first hill.
DSCF2581.JPG
Pictures attempts to show the long sweeping curve the second hill gives the rider.
DSCF2589.JPG
This shows some straight track that appears to go to what might be the station, but artist renditions just show this as a sort of walkway? Will have to wait until more of the structure is completed to know.
DSCF2593.JPG
A better view of the concrete structure built on either side of the track.
DSCF2594.JPG
Different view of the structure built on either side of the track.
DSCF2604.JPG
A view of Wave Breaker's hills. The one to the left is the second hill and appears to be the tallest. The highest hill is supposed to be 61 feet above the water line when the lake is refilled when construction is finished.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/0a51f2046bc5a4cc1f676869c03155d4.jpg[/img][/url]

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:48 pm

^Looks better and better every time, thanks for the update!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:54 am

That looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. iSpeed - Mirabilandia

Coasters: 291 || Parks: 55

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:27 am

I think it will be a really fun ride. I'm honestly disappointed we got Mako instead of this. We already had two big B&M's, this would have fit in nicely in Orlando!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:42 pm

^Yeah, and another big B&M would have fit nicely in San Antonio.

You could make the same argument for switching Mako and Cobra's Curse, I want a cool sea turtle themed Mack spinner dang it. Those trains would be adorable, but don't let the cuteness fool you, they spin......

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:07 pm

^Completely agree with that logic as well!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Khat26 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:50 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:^Yeah, and another big B&M would have fit nicely in San Antonio.

You could make the same argument for switching Mako and Cobra's Curse, I want a cool sea turtle themed Mack spinner dang it. Those trains would be adorable, but don't let the cuteness fool you, they spin......

My wife and I thought the same thing. Having a 9 year old who's not too keen on big coasters really has nothing at SWO to do besides Atlantis, the Shamu coaster, and the shitty penguin ride.

She loves Cheetah Hunt and she can't wait to ride Cobra's Curse.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!