SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 54 - Texas Stingray official POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Postby RandallDuell » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:53 pm

Hoping some locals can help me out.

Heading to the park on Saturday. Have not purchased tickets yet. Clicking around, trying to figure out the best deal.

There is the chance that I make it out there again in the next 12 months, so I've pondered whether or not to do the 12mo monthly membership. That said, if I can find a decent one day deal (not incl waterpark, don't think there will be time) I'm good with having to relook at this later in the year (ie: not getting the pass now and just buying tickets for one day at the park).

Again, any help is appreciated..............and, if you're being so generous with info, would love a "best plan of attack" for the park.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:22 pm

If you are going a second time prior to Sept 7 I'd get the fun card, otherwise if you are for sure going again, consider that with two trips worth of parking and admission, you would end up saving you money if you were to purchase the yearly pass. On easy pay it wouldn't be a huge sting out of the monthly budget.

As far as plan of attack, I would focus on the shows, the shark and dolphin area is closed off as they build Discovery Point. The newly refurbished Pacific Point Preserve and accompanying show will likely be a hot ticket item as is of course Shamu. I would plan to arrive about 10-15 minutes before showtime to get a decent seat as on the weekends the early shows at Azul Stadium, Shamu Stadium, and PPP will fill up, (people do tend to bail after 2pm). The big rides open 1 hour after the park opens. Most will rush to the rides when they open, ride a few times, and bounce so don't worry about long waits on Steel Eel or Great White. Your longest lines will be for Journey to Atlantis and the river rapids. The line for the rapids is generally steady, but if you want JTA you might want to hit it close to opening time to avoid waiting for 30-60 minutes.

Other than that, the Smokehouse and Harbor Market both offer great food.

Have a great time, and honk at the protestors!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Texasbest2015 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:28 am

I hope next year we get a new coaster were due for one already !

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby colinx » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Texasbest2015 wrote:I hope next year we get a new coaster were due for one already !

Next year they're opening up the new Dolphin Habitat, however I think that in 2017 the area behind to the shark encounter would make a great area for a Mack launch coaster similar to Manta. They could call it Mako. I don't really see them adding in a huge thrill coaster since the lines for the current two, I've heard don't reach very long waits, plus this could be a good family/thrill coaster if done right. The only thing about calling the coaster Mako would be that they'd probably want to retheme Great White(which frankly it could use since it's pretty lame atm). Just my idea.

Postby colinx » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:55 am

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:03 pm

^Is that new?

Postby colinx » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:04 pm

RyanTPM wrote:^Is that new?

Yes, it was the rumored coaster for SWSA, assuming it will be coming in 2017.
Correction: This will either be going to SWSD OR SWSA, or both they've just announced.
Last edited by colinx on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:37 pm.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Texasbest2015 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:25 pm

God I hope so!!! Can't wait to see our future.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Hopefully it's like Jet Rescue @ SW Queensland which I've heard is a hell of a lot of fun.

- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:11 pm

^ I sure hope so! Jet Rescue is AMAZING! :airtime:
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!