SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 54 - Texas Stingray official POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Postby AnjieNet » Mon May 27, 2013 7:43 pm

^Thanks! The Cannery Row Caper...is that the sea lion show? I remember really enjoying that one. DD really enjoyed that when she was 2, along with Shamu.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby SFOverTexasFan » Wed May 29, 2013 9:13 pm

I don't go to Sea World for their rides. It's not a thrill park, and never will be. Yes they do have 2 nice trill coasters, but that is it. I go for all the amazing shows and exhibits. Honestly I would plan to spend a full day in order to experience the park fully. I mean there are lots of shows and tons of exhibits.
CHECK OUT MY NEW SFOT FAN PAGE ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/SfotFans

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby AnjieNet » Thu May 30, 2013 5:33 am

^Thanks! We definitely plan on a full day. Just wasn't sure if we needed a day two in order to get everything in. I noticed they had a buy a day get a day ticket but time could be an issue for us with a child in school. The girls will be thrilled with the animals and shows but the thrill rides are an added bonus for the oldest. Though if the little coaster is still there, the youngest will be equally as excited!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:28 pm

http://seaworldparks.com/celebration

Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 10.17.37 PM.jpg

SeaWorld's 50th Celebration

Starting in 2014, we will be bring you SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration! – A celebration marked by a whole new “Sea of Surprises.” All three SeaWorld parks will be sharing the fun and delight throughout the 18-month celebration with uniquely SeaWorld moments. Starting March 21, 2014, we invite guests to join us as we celebrate with new interactive experiences, new shows and daily entertainment, more up-close animal encounters throughout the park, and a Surprise Squad treating guests with prizes every day.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-06-11/business/os-seaworld-50th-anniversary-campaign-20130611_1_seaworld-san-diego-seaworld-orlando-antarctica-themed

With its new Antarctica-themed land open, SeaWorld is turning its attention to 2014.

SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. said Tuesday it will launch a 50th anniversary celebration early next year that will include new attractions and experiences for its three SeaWorld marine parks in Orlando, San Diego and San Antonio.

The 18-month campaign, dubbed "Sea of Surprises," will launch March 21, 2014 — 50 years after the original SeaWorld opened its gates in California.

As part of the campaign, SeaWorld said it will dispatch more "animal ambassadors" throughout the parks to give visitors surprise encounters with penguins, lemurs, flamingos and more. New "Surprise Squads" will roam around to give away prizes such as free souvenirs or behind-the-scenes experiences. And "spontaneous entertainment" will pop up at unexpected moments along park pathways.

In addition, each of the three SeaWorld parks will get new animal shows, though the company didn't disclose additional details.

The company also said it has commissioned the environmental-art group "Washed Ashore" to carve larger sea-life sculptures from ocean debris. Those sculptures will be displayed in the parks.

Further attractions may also be part of the plans.The company said SeaWorld Orlando, which just completed the largest expansion in its history with Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin, will unveil additional plans for 2014 this coming fall.

One already announced project: Explorer's Reef, at SeaWorld San Diego. A renovation of the 50-year-old marine park's main entrance, that 3-acre area will include a series of marine-life touch pools, as well as new retail and dining concepts. It will also feature what SeaWorld called a new front-gate concept, with existing ticket booths replaced by a concierge-style ticketing area with a beach theme.

That 16-month construction project has been timed to open next March, to coincide with the launch of the 50th anniversary campaign.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've got the ASS Burgers

Postby BigBomer » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:30 am

I was wondering if anyone here knew if SeaWorld had a drop-off area? I'm being dropped off and I wanted to know if I have to pay for parking or not.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Great White » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:18 am

^^Yes it does. There should be signs pointing to the drop area before coming to the parking polls.
2010 SWSA Ride operator: JTA
2011 SWSA Ride operator: JTA
2012 SWSA Ride operator: Great White
2013 SWSA Ride operator: Great White

I've got the ASS Burgers

Postby BigBomer » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:23 am

^Thank you. Are you working tomorrow?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:17 pm

I just got back from Howl-O-Scream. My first thoughts before going were how would a theme park known for family fun bring the scare. After going, I have to say I was very impressed. Though there are only 4 houses and 3 scare zones, I thought for $25, it was a good deal. All the houses were long and the quality seemed to be there. Also, we paid for the quick queue for the houses which was definitely worth it. Here are a few pictures I took.

image.jpg
I love to see this event grow each year like the other HOS events.

image.jpg
Just 15 for quick queue and so worth it. More time to drink.

image.jpg
Who is scared of clowns?

image.jpg
And so it begins..

image.jpg
Now Laura did not like the event as much as me but perhaps because I spoiled her last year when we went to HOS in Tampa.

image.jpg
A cool bar set up for HOS

image.jpg
Drink time!

image.jpg
Green solo cup

image.jpg
She was non stop dancing.

image.jpg
They had "Vamps" dancing and singing at the bar. They were pretty hot.

image.jpg
Favorite house of the night. Very long and lots of weird stuff.

image.jpg
Quick queue came in handy

image.jpg
2nd fav house. They had some unique scares in this one.

image.jpg
Seaworld looked great at night

image.jpg
Of course Batman clone 2 is open

image.jpg
My least favorite house. It did have funhouse stuff in it.

image.jpg
Another scare zone

image.jpg
Steel Eel was awesome tonight.

image.jpg
3rd favorite house. Can't go wrong with zombies.

image.jpg
Back to drinking and watching the "Vamps" dancing

image.jpg
They grabbed this chick and took her blood to sell it in shots.

image.jpg
Again for $25 to get in, it was a fun night.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby lazaruslou » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:32 pm

G'day mates,
I'm going to Seaworld San Antonio on opening day tomorrow 1 February. It is predicted to be an overcast and drizzly day so perhaps I might break my record of 70 rides in a row on The Great White and 29 times in a row on The Steel Eel. I'll get a Quick Queue (flash pass) if it gets too crowded. On Sunday I'll share my trip report.
Cheers! =)
FEAR IS A CHOICE

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Meangreen16 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:52 pm

lazaruslou wrote:G'day mates,
I'm going to Seaworld San Antonio on opening day tomorrow 1 February. It is predicted to be an overcast and drizzly day so perhaps I might break my record of 70 rides in a row on The Great White and 29 times in a row on The Steel Eel. I'll get a Quick Queue (flash pass) if it gets too crowded. On Sunday I'll share my trip report.
Cheers! =)

Can't wait!!
Enjoy the shows

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!