Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby WolfBobs » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:13 am

Also, not sure their plans for Sawmill as nothing has been announced, but Breakers was a $50 million dollar announced renovation. Not sure if that included the new wing or not. But with Sawmill being a hotel, golf course, conference center, marina, shops and restaurants it could easily be a project on the same scale or bigger to get that resort to "CF Standards."

So while it is possible Valleyfair could have a surprise announcement still up their sleeve, I wouldn't expect it to be huge or a new ride. Maybe confirming an additional new event like Monster Jam for 2020 or new restaurant or something like that.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby garyman6 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:28 am

andy232221 wrote:Carnevil is in planet Snoopy
Darkness awaits is in the area by renegade
Mascareade is by corkscrew/monster
Blood on the boundary Waters is in the games Midway

I am a haunt actor so any haunt questions I will gladly awnser

Andy,
Do you know what maze/scare zone you will be in? I'm returning for year two as a scare monster. Last year I was in Dark Harvest so I assume I'll be there again. I haven't been in yet to attend any training so I don't have any details. Thursday is my training day.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Toaster Bot » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:59 am

andy232221 wrote:Blood on the boundary Waters is in the games Midway

I'm interested in seeing how this area of the park will be used for a scare zone, especially since Blood on the Boundary Waters is themed to cabins in the forest.
Favorite Wood: Renegade
Favorite Steel: Bizzaro (SFNE)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby budtbum » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:44 pm

I was at Valleyscare last year with my nephew (13). Walking down the sidewalk one of the actors comes running out of the bushes with another chasing him, trying to murder him. His victim trying to use us as a shield to hide behind to avoid being stabbed...(His screams were quite impressive). Since it wasn't in one of the haunted houses and totally unexpected, I caught my nephew actually hiding behind me for safety.
I have no idea if that is part of the training, or if two people just decided to do that on their own. But it scared the crap out of him- of all the things there, that little impromptu show is still one of the top things he talks about. I thought I would mention it when you go for your training on Thursday.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby andy232221 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:50 pm

garyman6 wrote:Andy,
Do you know what maze/scare zone you will be in? I'm returning for year two as a scare monster. Last year I was in Dark Harvest so I assume I'll be there again. I haven't been in yet to attend any training so I don't have any details. Thursday is my training day.

I just got my zone today that is blood on the boundry waters you could probably email todd and ask him.

budtbum wrote:I was at Valleyscare last year with my nephew (13). Walking down the sidewalk one of the actors comes running out of the bushes with another chasing him, trying to murder him. His victim trying to use us as a shield to hide behind to avoid being stabbed...(His screams were quite impressive). Since it wasn't in one of the haunted houses and totally unexpected, I caught my nephew actually hiding behind me for safety.
I have no idea if that is part of the training, or if two people just decided to do that on their own. But it scared the crap out of him- of all the things there, that little impromptu show is still one of the top things he talks about. I thought I would mention it when you go for your training on Thursday.

lol do you happen to know what zone that was in because it may have been me.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby budtbum » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:04 am

andy232221 wrote:
garyman6 wrote:
lol do you happen to know what zone that was in because it may have been me.

Sorry I don't remember for sure - we were walking around a corner- I think it was near the Bumper Cars, but it might have been by the Mad Mouse/Looping Starship ride too. (I'd have to look at the bushes again) Mostly I remember the screaming, and whoever did it, really threw themselves into the role. It was very well done!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby andy232221 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:21 am

Ah, that wouldn't have been me then that was probably a slider. they have a little extra training.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby valleyfairfanatic » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:22 pm

It was probably one of us sliders. Most of what we do is completely improv and there isn't a ton of formal training on what we should do outside of your typical slide scares and safety procedures. (I am not a representative of the sliders or Valleyfair, however)

Those areas that you mentioned are very much within slider country.

Looking forward to sliding again this year.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby garyman6 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:51 am

I just had my first training last night. I will be in Dark Harvest again so I'm looking forward to that but what I really think will be the standout new things this year. The sliders will get a new look! You'll have to come and see but it's not to be missed. Also, Blood on the Boundary Waters looks totally cool and a lot of effort is going into this Scare Zone. It's basically themed to several folk lore horror stories that may or may not have actually happened up in the Boundary Waters area. I personally can't wait to see it. The large two story cabin used for the opening ceremony the last couple of years will be re purposed in this area and will host a weird blue grass band that will play spooky minor key folk music. They are also constructing 5 cabins that you can walk into and look around. All will have different story themes and some will have actors portraying the folk lore characters. This is gonna be a great Haunt Year! Can't wait to Scare you again!!!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby RollerColester » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:05 am

Valleyfair must be having trouble with staffing. Saw they are now offering up to $15/hour. Old man Bernie would be proud!

I'm about 35-40 minutes away depending on stoplights/traffic, otherwise I'd maybe think about helping out just because I enjoy being in the overall park's atmosphere. Probably be a different story with guests bitching all the time..
Valleyfair realist since 2001

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!