Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby andy232221 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:25 pm

^They own a ton of land behind Excalibur almost enough to put an entire new park behind it.

Postby andy232221 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:57 am

^ I did some looking on county maps and they said that valleyfair pays taxes for this amount of land.
Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 8.50.50 AM.png

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby jconsolmagno » Mon May 20, 2019 8:24 pm

andy232221 wrote:^ I did some looking on county maps and they said that valleyfair pays taxes for this amount of land.

Perfect, appreciate that. I was there for my first time this past week and I was interested in knowing what the rumored water park expansion size might be.

I was surprised at how small the waterpark is. Very underwhelming.

Looks like at one point Cedar Fair was dropping coasters here every 6 years. Wonder if they will refocus on it in the 2020s.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Tue May 21, 2019 8:22 am

jconsolmagno wrote:Looks like at one point Cedar Fair was dropping coasters here every 6 years. Wonder if they will refocus on it in the 2020s.

I doubt it. Ever since the 2007 Paramount acquisition that pace has been ground to a halt.

jconsolmagno wrote: I was surprised at how small the waterpark is. Very underwhelming.

Very much so. Even though VF is not the smallest park in the chain it definitely has the smallest water park. The place fills up in the summer 20-30 minutes after opening. I think they are missing some big $$$ here and CF seems to think the same with the no brainer proposed and approved expansion. But the question is are they ever going to act on it? With that and more space now available where the Dino's will be leaving who knows what they are going to do next.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mnreggie » Tue May 21, 2019 9:34 am

If ground work had started to take place I'd say the water park expansion would be a great 2020 expansion, but given the lack of ground-work needed to redo that entire area... I doubt they'd just do that during the winter? Maybe they announce + begin work next spring when the water level drops?

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby RollerColester » Tue May 21, 2019 12:52 pm

I agree, if 2020 was the year for the water park expansion we would have to see ground work begin in the back of the park fairly soon. Building a levee and the increase in ground height for the parking lot would involve a lot of earth moving that would take many months to complete. And Minnesota winters cut out Nov-March for most ground projects (think road construction). So they would have to have the new levee built and the roads/parking lot poured by October.

At this point I think a quiet 2020 and the beginning of construction on a coaster for 2021 in the dinos spot would be favored in Vegas. Seems like the army corp project has lost its life..

I still like the idea of an RMC Raptor in the old spot stretching from Riptide's old location to the midway stage. Capacity still seems sketchy with those, but if its working at Great America it would work at Valleyfair.

A Talon or Patriot sized invert also fits nice in the dinos spot. Dive coaster, wing coaster, Mack coasters seem to be more interesting lately. So many directions the park could go in ending our 12 year coaster drought! :b Can't wait for the letdown, haha! (Not complaining, I understand it's a business..don't bother with the whiny Valleyfair home park B.S. :butt: :kiss: )
Valleyfair realist since 2001

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Tue May 21, 2019 1:40 pm

12 year coaster drought? I will leave this here https://rcdb.com/9837.htm
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Postby andy232221 » Tue May 21, 2019 1:41 pm

Clap clap clap you found a useless zamperla powerd coaster that some people don't even consider a coaster

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue May 21, 2019 3:11 pm

You just got Prince Coaster. They're not going to build another one right away.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby garyman6 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:43 am

A SUPER LOOP is NOT a coaster. Nuf said!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!