Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: MidwestThemeParks and 28 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Coaster Bro » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:46 pm

andy232221 wrote:does anyone know when opening day if for the 2019 season is? I can't find it anywhere on the website.

In past years it has been the second weekend of May so I am assuming that this year will be the same.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby andy232221 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:07 am

Okay, Thank you.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Swishtime101 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:49 am

I know that Valleyfair isn’t getting any rides next year, but is it safe to say that we may at least get something new? Maybe a new restaurant or something? They had Chick-fil-A available at the chicken shack sometimes so maybe they’ll look into getting a permanent one? Does anyone have thoughts on this subject or even predictions maybe? :b

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:58 am

Swishtime101 wrote:I know that Valleyfair isn’t getting any rides next year, but is it safe to say that we may at least get something new?

Is it safe to say that you may at least get something new? I mean... sure, whatever that means. :lol:

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby andy232221 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:26 am

coasterbill wrote: Is it safe to say that you may at least get something new? I mean... sure, whatever that means. :lol:

It means they might get a small change to the park like a new restaurant
it isn't that confusing
Also, there is no reason to argue someone every time they suggest a change to the park

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:30 am

What? I don't think you understood my post at all. Nobody would be shocked if they changed a restaurant or something... especially because of this news.

Of course the park "may" get something. The way the question was worded was just weird because the answer to that question (essentially asking if it's safe to say that something either may or may not happen) would be "yes" 100% of the time.

Don't make this into a thing. It's not. I should always know better than to ever post in the Valleyfair thread. :lol:

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:28 am

andy232221 wrote:
coasterbill wrote: Is it safe to say that you may at least get something new? I mean... sure, whatever that means. :lol:

It means they might get a small change to the park like a new restaurant
it isn't that confusing
Also, there is no reason to argue someone every time they suggest a change to the park

Coasterbill seems to be teetering very precariously close to the edge of troll from a good faith pot stirrer. He's make some negative comments towards me on some of these threads that I have felt are unnecessary. If he misunderstood the post in this case, that's one thing, but he seems to attack pretty quickly.

I think that the post in question was value added. The usage of question marks was a little confusing, but pointing out the fact that CF likes to maintain annual superficial changes in addition to the major ones is a valid point. In contrast, there was an era that parks would go years without changes. Some smaller regional one-off parks don't make annual changes. The fact that SF and CF have a commitment to annual touch ups is worth noting.

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:teetering very precariously close to the edge of troll from a good faith pot stirrer

This should be my new username. :lol:

Seriously though, we're spending way too much time discussing semantics on a throwaway post that doesn't matter. Nobody should take any of my posts seriously or personally ever. Anyway, I have no idea if Valleyfair will get a new (most likely mediocre) restaurant. If they do hopefully it differs from the rest of the park and actually offers non-fried options that aren't terrible because right now, god damn (even by theme park standards).

I feel like I need to leave a sticky note on my screen reminding me never to post in the Valleyfair thread.

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:07 am

coasterbill wrote:
Too Fast For Comfort wrote:teetering very precariously close to the edge of troll from a good faith pot stirrer

This should be my new username. :lol:

Seriously though, we're spending way too much time discussing semantics on a throwaway post that doesn't matter. Nobody should take any of my posts seriously or personally ever. Anyway, I have no idea if Valleyfair will get a new (most likely mediocre) restaurant. If they do hopefully it differs from the rest of the park and actually offers non-fried options that aren't terrible because right now, god damn (even by theme park standards).

I feel like I need to leave a sticky note on my screen reminding me never to post in the Valleyfair thread.

Its understandable. I'm sure that you're a nice guy in real life, and I know I can be abrasive on these boards too. It just helps to be called out on it from time to time. We're all into coasters here, so we should all be family and be a little nicer to each other. No worries or anything personal.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:24 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:Coasterbill seems to be teetering very precariously close to the edge of troll from a good faith pot stirrer. He's make some negative comments towards me on some of these threads that I have felt are unnecessary. If he misunderstood the post in this case, that's one thing, but he seems to attack pretty quickly.

My god, you must be new here.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!