Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Don't Care Bear » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:31 pm

[/quote] valleyfair doesn’t attract many tourists. And the locals who visit valleyfair are tired of riding the same rides year after year with only a minor addition to look forward to.[/quote]

As a local myself I totally agree with this statement.
I'm the Original 'Don't Care' Bear

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:55 am

Don't Care Bear wrote:valleyfair doesn’t attract many tourists. And the locals who visit valleyfair are tired of riding the same rides year after year with only a minor addition to look forward to.

As a local myself I totally agree with this statement.[/quote]
I think enthusiasts have a tendency to underestimate the power of those Larson loops. It actually garnered a fair bit of attention with people telling folks in my family stuff like "you gotta try the new Delirious". There's a surprising number of people talking about it, at least where I'm at, so I wouldn't say it's entirely ineffective. Is it a spike on the same level as a major coaster addition? Absolutely not, but there's definitely people excited about the ride (and it's a good ride that's new why wouldn't they be).

I also find it hard to believe that a lack of a major coaster addition is the single cause of a less busy park (And I can't say I've noticed it's that much less busy, on my visits this year it has seemed pretty typical for crowds, but I'm not there as much as others in this thread are). Especially considering that this decrease in attendance appears to be affecting parks nationwide.
Last edited by GCI Wooden on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:57 am.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:55 am

Accidental double post
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Donomike05 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Any 2019 predictions? Curious what people think.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby RCjunkie » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:40 pm

^ Did not see Northern Lights, return of the Antique Cars, Flying Eagles, North Star or Delirious coming over the last four years so I really have no idea what could be coming in 2019. With no signs of the proposed water park/parking lot expansion project being started I don’t see anything being added to the water park. No signs of or even room for a new coaster either. So maybe a new flat ride in the old Tilter spot by Wild Thing or possibly a new Camp Snoopy ride. Hopefully it’s just not ‘General Improvements’. I am curious too, what do others think?

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Donomike05 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:51 pm

RCjunkie wrote:^ I am curious too, what do others think?

I could see looping starships get removed for a water park expansion or a new flat ride in RipTide spot. But I really want to find out what this tease about the Mississippi is about.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Coaster Bro » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:02 pm

"General imoprovements" i.e. remove a good ride for "future plans" of nothing

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mossed » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:24 pm

GCI Wooden wrote:
Don't Care Bear wrote:valleyfair doesn’t attract many tourists. And the locals who visit valleyfair are tired of riding the same rides year after year with only a minor addition to look forward to.

As a local myself I totally agree with this statement.

I think enthusiasts have a tendency to underestimate the power of those Larson loops. It actually garnered a fair bit of attention with people telling folks in my family stuff like "you gotta try the new Delirious". There's a surprising number of people talking about it, at least where I'm at, so I wouldn't say it's entirely ineffective. Is it a spike on the same level as a major coaster addition? Absolutely not, but there's definitely people excited about the ride (and it's a good ride that's new why wouldn't they be).

I also find it hard to believe that a lack of a major coaster addition is the single cause of a less busy park (And I can't say I've noticed it's that much less busy, on my visits this year it has seemed pretty typical for crowds, but I'm not there as much as others in this thread are). Especially considering that this decrease in attendance appears to be affecting parks nationwide.[/quote]

To be the yang to your yin, I've talked with a lot of non enthusiasts in Minnesota about Delirious, and I usually get a luke warm response at best, and a "I've ridden that at the local traveling fair" at worst. I did overhear someone excited about it in Gurnee, but those people have been few and far between.

I can't talk for the guests in park, as I haven't visited Valleyfair since the ride opened and even when I have a season pass, I don't plan on going back to the park until they add something that will make it worth my while... unless someone drags me along.
Top 10 - 1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Intimidator 305 3.) Maverick. 4.) Lightning Rod 5.) Fury325 6.) Phoenix 7.) Twisted Colossus 8.) Taron 9.) Millennium Force 10.) Expedition GeForce

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby garyman6 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:26 am

With 2018's addition of Delirious and the decorative lighting package in the midway, I think it's safe to say that they are done with improvements to Route 76 for now.
I'm going out on a limb and predicting that they will finally begin the expansion project in the back of the park. We all know that the scope of work back there can't be done over a winter off season. They will be working on it all next year. So, here it is. Removal of Excalibur but not till mid season. Extension of the flood berm. New access roadway to admin area. Other flood mitigation projects that were part of the approved permit. By the end of next season the new parking lot will be completed. The old roadway and berm will be removed (No more tunnel). A new entrance in the back. This all pretty much has to happen within the same project scope. I personally think that will will also see new footers for either a waterpark expansion for 2020 or a new roller coaster for 2020. And, to get people really excited! Removal of Looping starship at close of the this season and a new slide complex added for 2019. Possibly a matt racer or tornado!
We have to remember, Delirious and the lighting package didn't cost all that much. In fact, most of the improvements to Route 76 were not very costly. North Star was probably the biggest investment but could'd have been more then 3 million. Valleyfair and Cedar Fair aren't going to take 3 plus years to gain a very difficult permit and then not use it. So, that's my predictions for the next two years actually. Time to focus on the back of the park for awhile now!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby RollerColester » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:47 am

My useless future predictions:

2019 - New water slide to replace looping starship/Excalibur early removal
2020 - New water park entrance and parking lot/Dino's Alive removal at season end
2021 - New coaster in Dino's spot
2022 - General Improvement/Start of the next 15 year coaster drought..

I wonder if the flooding this summer caused any delays in the project. Hope next year's flooding is minimal if that was the case.
Valleyfair realist since 2001

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!