Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun May 13, 2018 6:11 pm

RCjunkie wrote:Valleyfair management flew in some Eagles fans so they could bully kids in line and then beat them up in parking lot on the way out.

Hoping it's these Iggles fans:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:14 pm

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/files/img_0474_0.jpg

To get the full effect Valleyfair management flew in some Eagles fans so they could bully kids in line and then beat them up in parking lot on the way out.

Did they complete the effect by having a collection of crybaby Vikings fans who haven't come to terms with the fact they lost yet? ;)
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby RCjunkie » Mon May 14, 2018 8:17 am

bert425 wrote:So it did open already, cool!

Any Prince music in the queue?

Yes it did open and unfortunately no. There is no Prince specific music playing while waiting in the queue line. Just the normal music for the Route 76 area which is usually a 70's themed list of tunes.

michaellynn4 wrote:Did they complete the effect by having a collection of crybaby Vikings fans who haven't come to terms with the fact they lost yet?

Are you serious? Viking fans don't cry anymore. After four Superbowl losses while also losing our last four NFC Conference Championships were used to it. Were just not used to getting physically assaulted in the parking lot. ;) The worst we usually encounter is when the Green Bay fans always moon the team bus as it leaves town after a game.

Postby coasterbill » Mon May 14, 2018 8:30 am

valleyfairfanatic wrote:Seems like Delirious has been closing a lot. Anyone else notice that?

It's a brand new coaster. This is to be expected.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon May 14, 2018 9:06 am

Yeah those Larson Loops are far too valley prone.

In all serious, Delirious is looking good.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Outlaw Run
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Great Adventure & Waldameer

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SiouxFalls » Mon May 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Donomike05 wrote:
SiouxFalls wrote:Anyone know when the area schools start and stop going to valleyfair for their end of the school year trips? I've been there in previous years on June 5th and 10th and in both cases the park was dead except for a bazillion buss loads of teens. I'm going to be in the area on June 2nd and wondering if Fri June 1st will be school kid day. If it is, I might be better off just doing Saturday the 2nd.
both days will be pretty pack but I would say Saturday is your best bet.

Anyone here have direct knowledge of the schedule for area school trips to Valleyfair? I'm assuming Fri June 1st will be one of the days that area schools bring tons of busloads of kids/teens in. I'm still teetering on going Fri vs. Saturday. I normally never go on Saturday but early season should help.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby RCjunkie » Mon May 14, 2018 1:23 pm

^ School for MN children lets out the second week of June (depends on the day for each individual school). So you still might get some buses of kids but remember that those buses usually leave between 4-6 pm so they are not there all day. This early in the season you should be fine on either day. After June 15th is when it starts to get crowded on any given day.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Lightning Rod » Mon May 14, 2018 7:16 pm

I go to the park every day I have the fast Lane season pass I spent two hours each day with the fast lane and it’s nice to have during the school days it can get crowded at times. I would suggest making a investment in buying the fast lane it’s worth it during the school days.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SiouxFalls » Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 am

^Thanks everyone for the feedback! I appreciate having a forum like this with a helpful community.

Postby VF15 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:37 am

May and Early June weekdays are actually relatively busy with 30 minute waits (maybe 45 if it’s particularly busy) for some of the major rides most of the morning. It should get a bit less crowded around 3pm or so when the school groups leave, but overall I wouldn’t say Fast Lane is a necessity unless your time is limited or you want to marathon rides.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!