Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Toaster Bot » Fri May 04, 2018 7:02 pm

When Valleyfair lost the bet with Dorney didn't they have to rename one of their rides for opening weekend? Does anyone know which ride they're renaming?
Favorite Wood: Renegade
Favorite Steel: Bizzaro (SFNE)

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Toaster Bot » Fri May 04, 2018 7:11 pm

VF15 wrote:I wouldn't say being a family park necessarily means they can't get a B&M coaster. Holiday World considers themselves a family park but they have a $22 million launched B&M wing coaster. Granted it's a completely different company operating under different circumstances, but still. I personally think a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster or an RMC Raptor at Valleyfair is a more likely scenario, though I could see them adding a smaller B&M here if Cedar Fair thinks it's a good investment.

If Valleyfairs going to be adding a new coaster it's probably going to be a family coaster, which I don't think is a bad thing. Manta at SeaWorld San Diego is a family coaster and that ride fantastic. I just think that Valleyfair would see a much better result if they adding a great family coaster than adding some mediocre B&M that costs the same amount as the family coaster.
Favorite Wood: Renegade
Favorite Steel: Bizzaro (SFNE)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:00 pm

^
I know Northern Lights technically isn't a roller coaster but I feel like it fills in Valleyfair's need for another family coaster. Still, if the park does add a family coaster in the near future, I certainly hope they add something along the lines of Manta at SWSD. Haven't ridden that ride yet but it looks like something that families and thrill seekers alike can enjoy.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby valleyfairfanatic » Sun May 13, 2018 11:31 am

Seems like Delirious has been closing a lot. Anyone else notice that?

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby theredskull84 » Sun May 13, 2018 1:38 pm

^^^I really like that sign as well. Loving the purple color too.

Postby bert425 » Sun May 13, 2018 2:14 pm

valleyfairfanatic wrote:Seems like Delirious has been closing a lot. Anyone else notice that?

thought it wasn't open until Memorial Day?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby RCjunkie » Sun May 13, 2018 2:41 pm

Dropped by the park today to check out Delirious and ride some coasters. Of course I saw 'Renegade Mike' on both my laps. Renegade is running just fine as usual. Even though it was slow at the park the one train abomination Excalibur was actually running its half full train. :lmao: This was my first Larson Looper. It was fun and smooth. Not as 'dizzying' as I assumed it would be. It didn't loop as fast as the old Enterprise like I expected (which is good for me). It looks great in Route 76 and from the front of park. Took some photo's to share.
IMG_0470.jpg
But first, a shot of the new grass where RipTide used to be. RIP.
IMG_0473.jpg
And now to find Delirious.
IMG_0474.jpg
The Flying Scooters (Flying Eagles) were renamed this weekend due to a lost bet between DP and VF for the NFL Conference Championship game last year. To get the full effect Valleyfair management flew in some Eagles fans so they could bully kids in line and then beat them up in parking lot on the way out.
IMG_0479.jpg
The new Coke Refresh station right by Delirious in Route 76.
IMG_0482.jpg
And here it is! It even has purple rocks at the base of the sign.
IMG_0489.jpg
This one is for you Larry.
IMG_0491.jpg
The loading bridge between Delirious and the line queue.
IMG_0480.jpg
A shot from the main walkway that approaches Delirious.
IMG_0487.jpg
That purple train.
IMG_0488.jpg
Then the purple operator station. If your allergic to purple, you cannot go near this ride.
IMG_0490.jpg
Base shot.
IMG_0493.jpg
The other side.
IMG_0498.jpg
Side view from the parking lot.
IMG_0500.jpg
The view from the parking lot as you arrive.
IMG_0501.jpg
One more shot in all its purple glory.
IMG_0505.jpg
Cover of this year's park map. Going to be a purple year. And there is nothing wrong with that. You don't see it much and it really stands out.
IMG_0509.jpg
And the pin they were handing out for Delirious. They did this for North Star Last year on Preview Day but since that was canceled this year they were handing them out this weekend.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun May 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Thanks for sharing. I think Delirious is my favorite looking super loop. I LOVE the two shades of purple. Very unique and eye catching.
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Postby bert425 » Sun May 13, 2018 2:59 pm

RCjunkie wrote:Dropped by the park today to check out Delirious and ride some coasters. Of course I saw 'Renegade Mike' on both my laps. Renegade is running just fine as usual. Even though it was slow at the park the one train abomination Excalibur was actually running its half full train. :lmao: This was my first Larson Looper. It was fun and smooth. Not as 'dizzying' as I assumed it would be. It didn't loop as fast as the old Enterprise like I expected (which is good for me). It looks great in Route 76 and from the front of park. Took some photo's to share.

so it did open already, cool!

any Prince music in the queue?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Lightning Rod » Sun May 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Delirious was open a few times when I went opening weekend I’m curious if it will have some downtime because it was also closed for a while or it’s still working out the bugs? I got to ride it twice opening weekend.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!