Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"
User avatar
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: 18 Feb 2013
Location: Edina, MN
Gender: Male
Age: 51

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby RCjunkie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:51 am

VF15 wrote:Even though I'm okay with this announcement, I think a new coaster is becoming more of a need than an want because the social media reaction so far has been mostly negative.


I expected the negative responses from hardcore enthusiasts in this thread about the announcement but I did not expect as much of the negative comments on VF's social media pages though like you said. Some are funny and some are just angry responses. I can't blame them either, even though I do not expect a new coaster for a few more years. A Frisbee would have been nice to mark the 40th anniversary of the park but CF does not seem to really add any substantial additions to their parks during anniversary years. You would think they would want to capture some of that excitement since it only happens once in a lifetime. At least with the 2016 announcement out of the way I can start to complain about what the park will not be getting in 2017. ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
User avatar
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 07 Dec 2014
Gender: Male

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby MinnesotaFriedOreo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:24 am

Coasterguy21 wrote:
MinnesotaFriedOreo wrote:I don't know what you guys are talking about it looks like Gemini is coming to Valleyfair, it was in the announcement video... It answers all the clues; Garyman's posts, removal of a similar wood coaster, Excalibur, etc. It also explains why Valravn is so small, because 2017 they'll have a bigger one where Gemini was.



The thing I'm trying to figure out is when did Excalibur and Gemini become wooden tracked coasters?

But this did make me laugh :lol:


Since they were built?
It's better than Donkeys.

Macaroni and Donkey
User avatar
 
Posts: 64
Joined: 03 Jun 2015
Gender: Male

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby C.P.A.Guy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:34 am

Littlemonster wrote:
garyman6 wrote:Another hint for 2016 shall wait until after Haunt begings! MmmmHUaaaahahahah! :devil:

Remember when Garyman6 used to hint a new roller coaster for 2016... Like he actually knew something??? Lol what a bunch of BS


Not to attack or pile on here, but I think he even had some sort of stupid unscramble phrase thing as he claimed what was in the works for 2016. Never bought it for a second... Always remember: Those who actually know, very rarely tell!

On a side note, I'm pretty sure I nailed the actual name last week with the eggs hatching hint (stole the name from the Canada's Wonderland announcement). Guess that makes me the most reliable source on this thread.. :lol:

Yummy! I just ate donkey!
 
Posts: 297
Joined: 24 Mar 2013
Location: Your Mothers!
Gender: Male
Age: 28

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Coasterguy21 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:50 am

MinnesotaFriedOreo wrote:
Coasterguy21 wrote:
MinnesotaFriedOreo wrote:I don't know what you guys are talking about it looks like Gemini is coming to Valleyfair, it was in the announcement video... It answers all the clues; Garyman's posts, removal of a similar wood coaster, Excalibur, etc. It also explains why Valravn is so small, because 2017 they'll have a bigger one where Gemini was.



The thing I'm trying to figure out is when did Excalibur and Gemini become wooden tracked coasters?

But this did make me laugh :lol:


Since they were built?


They're steel coasters. They just have a wooden support structure is all. I like the look of the old hybrids and, to me, Excalibur is a very interesting coaster.

http://rcdb.com/14.htm

http://rcdb.com/119.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excalibur_(Valleyfair)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemini_(roller_coaster)
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"
User avatar
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: 18 Feb 2013
Location: Edina, MN
Gender: Male
Age: 51

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby RCjunkie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:17 pm

Looty wrote:Bottom line, I'm more excited for the Chance revolution at MOA next summer.


They actually have planned to have that ride open by November this year according to the announcement.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
User avatar
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 07 Dec 2014
Gender: Male

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby MinnesotaFriedOreo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:38 pm

Coasterguy21 wrote:
MinnesotaFriedOreo wrote:
Coasterguy21 wrote:
MinnesotaFriedOreo wrote:I don't know what you guys are talking about it looks like Gemini is coming to Valleyfair, it was in the announcement video... It answers all the clues; Garyman's posts, removal of a similar wood coaster, Excalibur, etc. It also explains why Valravn is so small, because 2017 they'll have a bigger one where Gemini was.



The thing I'm trying to figure out is when did Excalibur and Gemini become wooden tracked coasters?

But this did make me laugh :lol:


Since they were built?


They're steel coasters. They just have a wooden support structure is all. I like the look of the old hybrids and, to me, Excalibur is a very interesting coaster.

http://rcdb.com/14.htm

http://rcdb.com/119.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excalibur_(Valleyfair)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemini_(roller_coaster)


Like the eco-freak-o cars?
It's better than Donkeys.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!
 
Posts: 297
Joined: 24 Mar 2013
Location: Your Mothers!
Gender: Male
Age: 28

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Coasterguy21 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:46 pm

^Now that's funny too. Yes "hybrid" like those ;)
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

Bonafide Donkey Expert
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: 07 Jul 2015
Location: Missouri
Gender: Male
Age: 39

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby PhantomPoster32 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:00 pm

I must have missed in the press release where they talk about the new coaster, the frisbee and whatever else that was thrown out this past week. It was just the Eagles like we've been saying most of this season. Watch 2017 be more waterpark stuff (which is still needed).

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 71
Joined: 31 Dec 2014
Gender: Male
Age: 18

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby thecoasterlead » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:18 pm

PhantomPoster32 wrote:I must have missed in the press release where they talk about the new coaster, the frisbee and whatever else that was thrown out this past week. It was just the Eagles like we've been saying most of this season. Watch 2017 be more waterpark stuff (which is still needed).


I agree
follow me on thecoasterlead on Instagram http://instagram.com/thecoasterlead

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?
User avatar
 
Posts: 1584
Joined: 06 Aug 2014
Location: Minnesota
Gender: None specified

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby GCI Wooden » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:19 pm

I'm happy with this addition. It was expected, but Flyers are never a bad thing.

The Geek Mojo wrote:Well, we still got CGA's, MIA's and Dorney's announcement to go...Maybe they'll shock us...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison
Image

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron