Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby thecoasterlead » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:51 pm

ATTENTION: I was at the park today and say multiple ladders at the amip theaters spot. Plus a board was hanging obliviously being ripped out...HMMM
follow me on thecoasterlead on Instagram http://instagram.com/thecoasterlead

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Svelure wrote:
John Peck wrote:Some pics from my late August Valleyfair trip (and first-ever time)

Great photos! I love to see VF through the eyes of a tourist. What did you think of the park overall? What was your favorite ride?

My favorite coaster rides were Wild thing, Excalibur and High Roller in that order.
I also enjoyed the Screaming Swing, though the cycle was about 2 swings shorter than CP's. Monster and Supercat were good, too and we also liked the Antique Cars, ferris wheel and Carousel. I've been to many parks, so I have experienced parks of all sizes, but parts of Valleyfair reminded me of Kennywood, whilst others reminded me of Six Flags over Georgia and other parts Hersheypark and a bit of Dorney Park—but I never felt the "Cedar Fair" brand was overkill, even though it's the oldest tied with CP. The biggest noticeable thing were all of the flags everywhere. Flags all over the place, even more than Cedar point.

I posted a "Quick Bits" post a few pages back around the 31st of August, but let me re-copy my thoughts:

- Liked Corkscrew much more than Cedar Points. Very good in the back.
- Love the 70's infrastructure with the Super Cat and Carousel and the chandeliers in the shops and the entrance area
- Loved, Love, Loved Excalibur... glad I was able to experience it... da-dada-daaaaa!
- the dead ends at each end of the park became a bit annoying
- Very sad to miss the train. It was down all day
- Liked Wild thing and High Roller
- Park didn't have the Cedar Fair feel as much, seemed more independent.
- Very disappointed with park merchandise
- No recycle bins (popping up at most cedar fair parks now)

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby RCjunkie » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:40 pm

simaticable wrote:This is one of those threads on here that I walk into and immediately walk out of. At least it's nowhere near as bad as the Darien Lake thread.

Why walk into it then in the first place? Or do you just like complaining?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby PhantomPoster32 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:33 am

RCjunkie wrote:
simaticable wrote:This is one of those threads on here that I walk into and immediately walk out of. At least it's nowhere near as bad as the Darien Lake thread.

Why walk into it then in the first place? Or do you just like complaining?

He's probably an eternal optimist like myself. We always hope that the situation has changed (or at least improved) but we find out that isn't the case once again and leave the thread.

FTR, I do wish VF well - but sometimes the foaming gets so ridiculous that it forces me to type a response.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby cmadsen7 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:50 am

We should see an announcement tomorrow or Tuesday.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby PhantomPoster32 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:42 am

I would imagine Tuesday at the earliest. It would get buried in the news from the weekend on Monday.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ThrillRider365 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:36 pm

i wished they would just announce it all ready... :):)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Meghna » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:21 pm

John Peck wrote:
Svelure wrote:
John Peck wrote:Some pics from my late August Valleyfair trip (and first-ever time)

Great photos! I love to see VF through the eyes of a tourist. What did you think of the park overall? What was your favorite ride?

My favorite coaster rides were Wild thing, Excalibur and High Roller in that order.
I also enjoyed the Screaming Swing, though the cycle was about 2 swings shorter than CP's. Monster and Supercat were good, too and we also liked the Antique Cars, ferris wheel and Carousel. I've been to many parks, so I have experienced parks of all sizes, but parts of Valleyfair reminded me of Kennywood, whilst others reminded me of Six Flags over Georgia and other parts Hersheypark and a bit of Dorney Park—but I never felt the "Cedar Fair" brand was overkill, even though it's the oldest tied with CP. The biggest noticeable thing were all of the flags everywhere. Flags all over the place, even more than Cedar point.

I posted a "Quick Bits" post a few pages back around the 31st of August, but let me re-copy my thoughts:

- Liked Corkscrew much more than Cedar Points. Very good in the back.
- Love the 70's infrastructure with the Super Cat and Carousel and the chandeliers in the shops and the entrance area
- Loved, Love, Loved Excalibur... glad I was able to experience it... da-dada-daaaaa!
- the dead ends at each end of the park became a bit annoying
- Very sad to miss the train. It was down all day
- Liked Wild thing and High Roller
- Park didn't have the Cedar Fair feel as much, seemed more independent.
- Very disappointed with park merchandise
- No recycle bins (popping up at most cedar fair parks now)

Yes, Xtreme Swing is indeed 2 swing shorter. Apparently people threw up too much or something like that? Also apparently they do set it to 9 swings (7 during normal operation) for associate nights.

The train was supposed to be up this weekend, but I heard the front wheels are in North Carolina or something like that. Riptide was also down this weekend, but for maintenance (no idea what though). I got there Saturday morning and it was totally shut off, like you could walk through the freaking exit gate if you wanted to. Please don't.

In other news, Mad Mouse and Wheel of Fortune, besides ExTC, are closed for the season. Mad Mouse is a butt in cold weather, let alone any weather besides no clouds and above 60 degrees.
Would you jump your mom? Then why would you jump that fence?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby PhantomPoster32 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:54 pm

Sounds like Mad Mouse should be moved and placed indoors then if it is so moody

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:06 pm

^ ( Slow clap)
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!