John Peck wrote:Some pics from my late August Valleyfair trip (and first-ever time)
Great photos! I love to see VF through the eyes of a tourist. What did you think of the park overall? What was your favorite ride?
My favorite coaster rides were Wild thing, Excalibur and High Roller in that order.
I also enjoyed the Screaming Swing, though the cycle was about 2 swings shorter than CP's. Monster and Supercat were good, too and we also liked the Antique Cars, ferris wheel and Carousel. I've been to many parks, so I have experienced parks of all sizes, but parts of Valleyfair reminded me of Kennywood, whilst others reminded me of Six Flags over Georgia and other parts Hersheypark and a bit of Dorney Park—but I never felt the "Cedar Fair" brand was overkill, even though it's the oldest tied with CP. The biggest noticeable thing were all of the flags everywhere. Flags all over the place, even more than Cedar point.
I posted a "Quick Bits" post a few pages back around the 31st of August, but let me re-copy my thoughts:
- Liked Corkscrew much more than Cedar Points. Very good in the back.
- Love the 70's infrastructure with the Super Cat and Carousel and the chandeliers in the shops and the entrance area
- Loved, Love, Loved Excalibur... glad I was able to experience it... da-dada-daaaaa!
- the dead ends at each end of the park became a bit annoying
- Very sad to miss the train. It was down all day
- Liked Wild thing and High Roller
- Park didn't have the Cedar Fair feel as much, seemed more independent.
- Very disappointed with park merchandise
- No recycle bins (popping up at most cedar fair parks now)