Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby CaptainUnknown » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:38 am

This is pathetic. A couple new speed slides and lame kiddy area #2. Mt. Olympus put more effort into their kiddy area than this! No mat racers, no big raft slides. Look at Dorney Park's Snake Pit: I thought we'd get a minimum of that, we didn't even get the whole package! Guess we're not meant for a nice ride afterall.
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Six Flags Over Texas

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby danderson83 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:17 am

I hope this doesn't mean diminished changes of getting a B&M next year!! I was thinking it was going to be a bigger overhaul of Soak City as well.
Valleyfair|Cedar Point|Kings Island

Steel: 15 | Wood: 5 | Total Coasters: 20

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Threadp

Postby Looty » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:18 am

Even the wave pool was a letdown. Actually, I can't think of a more uneventful wave pool off the top of my head.

In an industry that continues to grow and innovate, VF hasn't knocked any socks off since 1996. And to say that these waterpark additions are better than nothing is complete BS. Nowadays, people expect more and it's quite easy to take a look on the internet and see where else you could go and spend your money...in this case 3 hours east on 94 to visit some real waterparks. These new slides look like something Noah's Ark would have built 10 years ago.

It has been discussed so much about how VF is 1 of 3 parks slated for blah blah blah....and this is just not impressive at all.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Twinsfan33 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:29 am

Lets just hope they went the "cheap" route to go BIG on a new coaster next year.

I know having my home park be Valleyfair, I shouldn't get my hopes up anymore, but I still do.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Mdcastle » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:45 am

I wished for more but I'm happy with what we got. I've ridden the aqua-loops, and the trapdoor part is by far the best part of it, and that's what we go; looks similar to the complex at SFSL. The old speed slides were lame and rough and kept tearing up my swimming suits and those are being replaced; the other old slides are still fun and serviceable. I'm assuming this doesn't preclude another expansion next year or if there's a coaster next year, the year after. What's missing is slides where you ride a single or double tube down, and I personally don't find those especially exciting.

Wonder if the tower is being designed so more slides could be added in a second phase, or more elements to the kiddie play area. It's going to take a lot of money to create paths, pipes, and whatnot from scratch so maybe they're laying the groundwork for something more.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:52 am

My gosh. Is there anyone else out there that is even remotely excited about this? Maybe everyone else's expectations were set too high, but I knew that it was not going to be a complete teardown and rebuilding. Would it be nicer if we had gotten a little more? Absolutely. But for now, I'm excited that we're getting this, and I'll be thankful for it.

Also, why is it that everyone praised Route 76 last year, but everyone is now bashing the waterpark expansion, especially considering it is more thrilling. I'm never going to understand coaster enthusiasts.
Last edited by VF15 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:13 am.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby VFVSGirl16 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:05 am

VF15 wrote:My gosh. Is there anyone else out there that is even remotely excited about this? Maybe everyone else's expectations were set too high, but I knew that it was not going to be a complete teardown and rebuilding. Would it be nicer if we had gotten a little more? Absolutely. But for now, I'm excited that we're getting this, and I'll be thankful for it.

I'm excited as well. :)

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby CaliforniaPinto » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:26 am

Am I allowed to post that I'm not surprised they went on the cheap as this IS Valleyfair after all or do I still have to pretend that I buy into the whole "VF is going to get $$$$$$$$$$ to get lots of stuff because Ouimet said so quite awhile ago"?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby garyman6 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:29 am

VF15 wrote:My gosh. Is there anyone else out there that is even remotely excited about this? Maybe everyone else's expectations were set too high, but I knew that it was not going to be a complete teardown and rebuilding. Would it be nicer if we had gotten a little more? Absolutely. But for now, I'm excited that we're getting this, and I'll be thankful for it.

Amen to that brother! =) Look, this is what they are adding new this year. This is only a concept drawing at this point. We won't really know what the slide tower will consist of entirely until we see it. As for the kids area I actually think it's pretty good. Some of the kids play area's I've seen can get way to out of hand and after a couple of seasons a lot of the sprays and water feature's etc. don't work anymore. Plus it looks like they will be able to add a lot more lounge seating. If I look at this right it looks like the entrance is going to be moved to between the two new additions freeing up space for something where the old entrance path was. We also need to remember that over the off season last year Valleyfair added a lot of new things and really spruced the park up all which was not officially announced. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they made some big changes to the existing slides we now have. They don't have to tell us everything they are doing. They just told us what was new. I still think they have more plans for Soak City down the road. From what I can see in the drawing. I'm guessing that just the new additions are going to cost somewhere between 9 and 10 million. As a reference, Route 76 was in the 3 million range. So take that with I'm sure another 1 to 3 million in other improvements and I think Valleyfair did a pretty good job. Besides we need to remember it's Cedar Fair that makes the final decisions, not Valleyfair!
I am going to be meeting with Mr. Frazier again in the next few weeks. I'll try to get some more information to share with you about what coming for 2015 and beyond!
THIS IS GOOD PEOPLE! This expansion will probably bring a jump of 20 to 30 percent in attendance. Soak City at Valleyfair was soooo far behind that it may take 2 or 3 expansions to get it to where it should be but for now let's enjoy what we have.
CaptainUnknown wrote:This is pathetic. A couple new speed slides and lame kiddy area #2. Mt. Olympus put more effort into their kiddy area than this! No mat racers, no big raft slides. Look at Dorney Park's Snake Pit: I thought we'd get a minimum of that, we didn't even get the whole package! Guess we're not meant for a nice ride afterall.

One other thing CaptainUnknown, please don't ever compare Mt. Olympus to Valleyfair! That park is absolutely pathetic. The only good thing it has going for is Poseiden's Rage. I would choose Valleyfair every time! :b

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby garyman6 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:35 am

CaliforniaPinto wrote:Am I allowed to post that I'm not surprised they went on the cheap as this IS Valleyfair after all or do I still have to pretend that I buy into the whole "VF is going to get $$$$$$$$$$ to get lots of stuff because Ouimet said so quite awhile ago"?

I disagree with Valleyfair going cheap! Since when is adding two new waterpark additions cheap. Most of the time they add only one thing at a time. Name another water park expansion that is adding two new major addition. Canada's Wonderland maybe but it there any others?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!