Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby VFVSGirl16 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:26 am

Is the wave pool and things we already have staying? The wave pool isn't that old so I was just wondering.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby WarpedHorizon » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:35 am

VFVSGirl16 wrote:Is the wave pool and things we already have staying? The wave pool isn't that old so I was just wondering.

Yep, these expansions are probably happening in one of the empty spaces where the Imax, dining pavilion, or Hydroblaster once were. Looks like they're also keeping the old tube slides and lazy river, hopefully those can get a refresh in the future.
Former Valleyfair RideOP- 2013 season, Go Karts/Ripcord
Former Skycoaster Site Controller

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Drbcoaster » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:08 am

Looks pretty good.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:39 am

So, I don't have an idea on what water slides cost, or what this expansion costs (or even an estimate) but is this big enough to dream B&M?
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Drbcoaster » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:55 am

GCI Wooden wrote:So, I don't have an idea on what water slides cost, or what this expansion costs (or even an estimate) but is this big enough to dream B&M?

It depends. If Cedar Fair goes BIG with VF for its investment (a similar $40-60 million over 3 years like they did with Carowinds), then a large B&M could most definitely be in VF's future. If Cedar Fair goes more conservatively with VF and does a smaller investment, then we could end up with a Talon or Patriot-sized ride and some infrastructure improvements. Either way, VF is due for some love.

I'm surprised that they're keeping the original slide complex... and aren't also adding a flat ride for 2015. Oh well.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:04 am

My analysis:
I am extremely happy with what Soak City is receiving for 2015. It is a 3-part expansion like I originally predicted, and 2 of the parts are thrilling :b .This expansion does several things to the park...

-It turns the waterpark from one of the chain's worst to one that's actually decent.
-It will make Soak City look much more pretty. The slides in the illustration look colorful, and that's a nice touch.
-I think it allows us to dream B&M since other parks have had similar waterpark expansions and B&Ms in recent years.
-It brings a thrilling addition to VF for the first time since 2007. :b :br The floor-dropping slides look awesome. I can't wait to try them out.
-The new slides will be a big GP grab. Not as big as a coaster, but it will bring in crowds.

I'm happy that VF and CF made the decision to add this because I think they really are realizing the growth potential. Hopefully the year after is when the long-awaited new coasters comes.
Last edited by VF15 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:34 am.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:07 am

VF15 wrote:My analysis:
I am extremely happy with what Soak City is receiving for 2015. It is a 3-part expansion like I originally predicted, and 2 of the parts are thrilling :b .This expansion does several things to the park...

-It turns the waterpark from one of the chain's worst to one that's actually pretty good.
-It will make Soak City look much more pretty. The slides in the illustration look colorful, and that's a nice touch.
-I think it allows us to dream B&M since other parks have had similar waterpark expansions and B&Ms in recent years.
-It brings a thrilling addition to VF for the first time since 2007. :b :br The floor-dropping slides look awesome. I can't wait to try them out.
-The new slides will be a big GP grab. Not as big as a coaster, but it will bring in crowds.

Alot of times water slides would have a greater ROI then a 25 million dollar coaster
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Looty » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:07 am

I gotta say this is a bit of a yawn, IMO. More slides are definitely needed, but these don't seem all that creative. I've done the trapdoor slides before and the trapdoor aspect is thrilling. But that aside, you've got 4 slides that basically just drop straight to the ground. Why couldn't they have added tube slides, or a bowl, or an aqua loop, or a mat racer, or a bowl!!, or anything remotely more interesting?

As for the new kiddie area, this looks boring. Large play structures with the giant dump bucket on top seem to be the norm nowadays (and for the last 10 or so years). As a VF marketing intern alumni, I remember receiving phone calls from mothers asking about what there was to do in the waterpark for small children. I felt so embarrassed trying to talk up the existing play structure and the geysers in the wave pool.

This isn't enough to get me back for a visit. Here's to hoping that next coaster screams "significant growth potential" more than this expansion.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby wbprecision » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:14 am

I am also not that impressed with this announcement. Valleyfair already has a couple speed slides that go straight down, and now they are adding 4 more. I do think the floor dropping on the slides will be thrilling, just wish the layouts were more interesting. Also the kids play structure looks fairly small in the picture compared to ones that other parks have. Hopefully they didn't go too big in an effort to save money for our B&M next year ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Twinsfan33 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:37 am

I am assuming that the old dining patio and Subway will be removed for this expansion. I was also hoping for a nicer kids area and a more impressive slide complex. Oh well, it is better then nothing I guess.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!