Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby VF15 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:08 am

Read on Screamscape that there's a possibility that Michigan's Adventure could receive a Chance Hyper-GTX (Lightning Run (KK)-style coaster) in 2016. If that's true, then my idea a few pages back might be more of a possibility than I originally anticipated. I wouldn't be against having one come to Valleyfair at all, as they sound intense and airtime-filled. Yeah, they have a pretty cheap pricetag, and they don't go have inversions, but I'll sure as heck take one of those over a Boomerang or an SLC.
Last edited by VF15 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:10 am.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby danderson83 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:09 am

If there is an announcement today, and idea what time it might be?
Valleyfair|Cedar Point|Kings Island

Steel: 15 | Wood: 5 | Total Coasters: 20

Postby VF15 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:12 am

Probably around noon. Route 76 was announced around noon last year, and CP made their Mantis announcement at noon, so noon is my guess.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby VFVSGirl16 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:41 am

I hope it happens today or sometime before Haunt. I mean, yeah, we almost for sure know it'll be a Waterpark expansion, but I wanna know EXACTLY what it is. I'm so impatient :lmao:

On a sadder note, I can't make it to Haunt opening or closing weekend like I was planning :(

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby RCjunkie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:22 am

VFVSGirl16 wrote:I hope it happens today or sometime before Haunt. I mean, yeah, we almost for sure know it'll be a Waterpark expansion, but I wanna know EXACTLY what it is. I'm so impatient :lmao:

On a sadder note, I can't make it to Haunt opening or closing weekend like I was planning :(

It will happen before Haunt for sure. GM Dave Frasier said the announcement will happen before or on the 17th. I am impatient now also, I want to know all the details especially since GM Dave also said there would be demolition in September so we know there will be at least one serious change to the water park.

With you not making Haunt opening weekend who is going to post a review on all the new stuff and changes this year?

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby VFVSGirl16 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:54 am

RCjunkie wrote:
VFVSGirl16 wrote:I hope it happens today or sometime before Haunt. I mean, yeah, we almost for sure know it'll be a Waterpark expansion, but I wanna know EXACTLY what it is. I'm so impatient :lmao:

It will happen before Haunt for sure. GM Dave Frasier said the announcement will happen before or on the 17th. I am impatient now also, I want to know all the details especially since GM Dave also said there would be demolition in September so we know there will be at least one serious change to the water park.

With you not making Haunt opening weekend who is going to post a review on all the new stuff and changes this year?

I plan on going the 27th, so I could write a blog post about that night then, otherwise I may go the 21st and write Live E reviews too. Or I might ditch my plans on the 20th (it's a school dance), or leave it early for Haunt. Kinda bummed I can't make it, although I won't be able to point out TOO many changes, because I've never really experienced all of Haunt (I was too chicken), but I will write a blog post on everything as soon as I end up going (and I'm sure I will write a few). :)

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby danderson83 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:17 am

VF15 wrote:Read on Screamscape that there's a possibility that Michigan's Adventure could receive a Chance Hyper-GTX (Lightning Run (KK)-style coaster) in 2016. If that's true, then my idea a few pages back might be more of a possibility than I originally anticipated. I wouldn't be against having one come to Valleyfair at all, as they sound intense and airtime-filled. Yeah, they have a pretty cheap pricetag, and they don't go have inversions, but I'll sure as heck take one of those over a Boomerang or an SLC.

No, No, No. VF needs a B&M ... something that is top tier (not CP or KI top of the line), but some thing that isn't a "on the cheap" coaster. A B&M invert is what VF needs!
Valleyfair|Cedar Point|Kings Island

Steel: 15 | Wood: 5 | Total Coasters: 20

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:42 am

No, No, No. VF needs a B&M ... something that is top tier (not CP or KI top of the line), but some thing that isn't a "on the cheap" coaster. A B&M invert is what VF needs!

You wouldn't be happy over a custom SLC with the new trains and vest style otsr's?
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:50 am

While I agree a "Patriot style" B&M Invert would fit in, I don't see it happening. I see Soak City Expansion as well as well a few flat rides thrown in for good measure. ;)
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Postby VF15 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:02 am

Regardless of when it is announced, here are my final predictions:
-A Snake Pit-like slide package from White Water West going in the old IMAX spot.
-Racing slides (Dragster H20-ish) or a Tornado/Funnel-type slide (like what CW is getting) in the old Hydroblaster spot.
-A brand-new children's play area that would remove the current one to make way for it.

If we end up getting stuff in the neighborhood that I mentioned above, that might be enough to say we can possibly dream about a B&M.

Also, I don't think this will happen, but it would be nice if the existing slides could get a fresh coast of paint.
danderson83 wrote:No, No, No. VF needs a B&M ... something that is top tier (not CP or KI top of the line), but some thing that isn't a "on the cheap" coaster. A B&M invert is what VF needs!

I agree completely, but in the event that Cedar Fair decides to keep treating Valleyfair like the red-headed stepchild of the chain, I think that a Chance Hyper-GTX would give the park a good bang for their buck.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!