Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Postby BoulderDash » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Here’s a quick park update, the park is off to a rocky start, but hopefully things improve soon.

-Boulder Dash is running great and the train finally feels broken in. It was flying today and was even crazier with some rain.
-Phobia, Revolution, Mammoth Falls, and Wave Swinger are down. I doubt the first two will open until July (haven’t opened all year), and the last two should be open soon.
-The Lights Out waterslide (lighthouse) is permanently closed. I was hoping the next bit of news would be positive, but I guess not.
-Metal detectors were added in the tunnel, things are still a little slow with them. If arriving at opening, I would suggest allowing some extra time to get through.
-The game attendants will do anything they can to try to get you to play a game. Even worse than Six Flags. Then people take the basketball they won and accidentally drop it into the station tracks on BD causing an E-stop. Seen that quite a few times already.
-In general the park does not feel like they are ready to handle large crowds and it seems like corners are being cut with ride maintenance. Hopefully things improve in the future.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:02 pm

That's a bummer about Lights Out. It was the icon of the water park and the main reason to go to the wet side. However, it had a putrid capacity so I rarely rode it. Did you happen to hear why it was closed?

I'm surprised Phobia still hasn't opened this year since it's the main ride in all their marketing campaigns and has run reliably the past few years.

At least Boulder Dash is running great!
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:55 am

:lol: All of that sounds about right.

I hate that this park is so poorly run. It's an hour from the house but we usually only go once every 5-10 years.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:03 am

^ I don't blame you since it has been a rough few years for the park, but I'm addicted to Boulder Dash. As long as they don't screw that up (and they tried with the transfer track crash), I'll keep coming.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:07 am

I generally like it but our last rides on it a few years ago were atrocious. I believe the people who say it's running better now but I'm not about to drive over there and pay their inflated admission fee to find out. I enjoyed Phobia a lot more than Boulder Dash on our last visit but Phobia apparently hasn't opened for the season yet because it's at Lake Compounce and of course it hasn't.
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:06 pm.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:15 am

For those without season passes, Haunted Graveyard is the de facto time to visit. For one that haunt is awesome and two you can ride Boulder Dash at night. Plus I think the admission is $30-35 for Graveyard, which is very fair.

I've found Boulder Dash to be running faster than usual this early in the season, but it's no rougher/smoother than it has been the past few years.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:25 am

They used a different supplier to apply new polyurethane to the wheels and they have been delayed. I think it’s safe to say they won’t use that supplier again.

Lights Out needs a lot of work and there is lots of corrosion on the structure. Honestly I thought the slide hurt a little but it was the most extreme slide they had. I’m pretty sure they will be getting some new slides next year though.

I also watched security walking someone down from Saw Mill Plunge after they jumped out at the top before the drop. I’m sure that ride is next on the list for removal.

It’s clear that guests do not like the direction the park is going and there are multiple one star reviews on every review platform.
Last edited by BoulderDash on Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:31 am.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:30 am

^ I wonder if Sky Rocket's closure at Kennywood could be related to that as well (assuming they already took care of what went wrong last year).

I fully expect their water park to get some new additions since they have that large clearing along the lake, but it's still a bummer to see their best slide close.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:38 am

BoulderDash wrote:They used a different supplier to apply new polyurethane to the wheels and they have been delayed. I think it’s safe to say they won’t use that supplier again.

So basically they're closed because Parques Reunidos is being cheap again because they're a terrible company. Got it. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:45 am

coasterbill wrote:
BoulderDash wrote:They used a different supplier to apply new polyurethane to the wheels and they have been delayed. I think it’s safe to say they won’t use that supplier again.

So basically they're closed because Parques Reunidos is being cheap again because they're a terrible company. Got it. :lol:

:nina:

Amen to that. Lake Compounce still has that family park feel, but it has the annoying policies/hiccups of a poorly run corporate park due to that company.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!