Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

P. 96: SING On Tour attraction announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

Postby Ccron10 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:45 pm

For those who have been hoping for a return to the original Space Fantasy: The Ride experience, it looks like you're in luck!
https://www.usj.co.jp/attraction/space-fantasy-the-ride.html

I'm heading back again in September and can't wait!

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Thu May 16, 2019 1:36 am

I'm not sure what you mean by just listing the attraction page here. The ride is definitely not the original right now, its VR like most years for the Cool Japan part of the year. They're running Lupin III XR on it right now until June 23. I think last year the Final Fantasy XR went longer than usual due to popularity but it's always a VR coaster for early spring to summer. As things stand the event will be over by September so you should be fine.

The attractions closed page is more helpful: https://www.usj.co.jp/parkguide/schedule/attclose-more/201907.html Lupin shuts June 23 and the ride is closed until July 7 presumably to remove the VR and decorations.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Been awhile since the last post here, so I want to ask anyone who might know....

Behind where the Nintendo World is being built in USJ, there are two towers, not even on the USJ property, from what I can make out. But they appear to be both themed to what I can only assume is a "distant compliment" to the land now being built in USJ. They just look so "Nintendo World"-like.

Any idea what these two towers are? They stick out so much in
overhead shots of the new area being built. Just curious. :smile:
Universal-Studios-Japan-G3.png
There they both are, in the back, there.
Universal-Studios-Japan-G2.png
The right one, closer up. Both photos from the net. Thank you to whoever took them.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:57 am

I apologize for the Google Translate, but it looks like Universal Studios Japan is celebrating the 6th annual Cool Japan event in 2020. There will be 4 themed attractions.

If I'm reading the translated page correctly, it looks like VR is being placed on Hollywood Dream and replacing the Backdrop train. I imagine one of the attractions is also the annual overlay of Space Fantasy.

Universal Cool Japan will be excited by new experiences!

Universal Cool Japan will be held in 2020!

A big season to realize the world of Japanese entertainment brands with the overwhelming quality of the park, powering up with new experiences and excitement!

"Detective Conan" became the largest in history with the introduction of a new character and "Story Coaster" in the "Attack on Titan" that excites the first super-experience XR ride that rushes through the world of despair The real action by real cast, the exciting new street live entertainment “Lupin the 3rd”, and the park's first interactive battle experience, the next generation attraction “Monster Hunter” using VR technology!

A new dimension of experience and excitement that no one has ever seen before in the history of each work!
Now, to the 6th year of “Universal Cool Japan”, the ultimate evolution!

XR ride is born for the first time in the history of "Attack on Titan"!

"Attack on Titan" that celebrated the 10th anniversary of the original series is the first XR ride!

The world of advancing 360 degrees with XR technology x the one-of-a-kind “Attack on Titan” attraction, which unleashes the world of despair realized by the gravity and speed of coasters.

The ultimate evolution with a record-high number of 4 attractions, including the new experience “Story Coaster”!

Solve the mystery of Conan and overcome the pinch with “that person”, in addition to “Detective Conan the Escape”, ride experience and voice that resonates into the world of the story, a new story coaster experience “Detective Conan × “Hollywood Dream The Ride”, Real Detective Experience “Detective Conan Mystery Challenge”, “Food x Mystery” Experience “Detective Conan Mystery Restaurant”. Enjoy the world of “Detective Conan”, the park's only, highly acclaimed by the original author Gosho Aoyama!

* April 8-22, 2020 will be suspended for maintenance. Note that the suspension schedule is subject to change without notice.

* You cannot experience it in "Hollywood Dream The Ride-Backdrop"

New entertainment with great excitement for a real getaway!

Lupine and others appear with the work away as it is!

Lupine's first street live entertainment

“Lupin III The Live” by Realcast is here!

Get involved in the world of “Lupin the Third” that appeared in front of you!

Step into a new dimension of hunting

The world of the popular hunting action game "Monster Hunter World: Iceborn" is an attraction with the overwhelming quality of the park! Experience unprecedented realistic hunting with next-generation entertainment using the first VR in the history of the title!

Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Efteling & Parque de Atracciones Madrid

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:30 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:I apologize for the Google Translate, but it looks like Universal Studios Japan is celebrating the 6th annual Cool Japan event in 2020. There will be 4 themed attractions.

If I'm reading the translated page correctly, it looks like VR is being placed on Hollywood Dream and replacing the Backdrop train. I imagine one of the attractions is also the annual overlay of Space Fantasy.

{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Based on what I'm reading the four attractions would be:

• “Detective Conan × “Hollywood Dream The Ride”
  • Real Detective Experience “Detective Conan Mystery Challenge”
  • “Food x Mystery” Experience “Detective Conan Mystery Restaurant”
  • "Attack on Titan"

I'm thinking Attack on Titan is Space Fantasy... Such a bummer, considering they just finished restoring the original attraction and the VR cuts the coaster's capacity in half.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:27 pm

Is the bad translation perhaps that the Backdrop train is staying and just doing it's normal backdrop train thing and that you can't do the VR on that one, only normal Hollywood Dream?
Last edited by SharkTums on Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:54 pm.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:50 pm

^ Maybe. Either way, I'm interested to hear how dispatches will be on that thing with both VR and metal detection.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:54 pm

^I may be too optimistic.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Is this the first ride to have VR plus metal detectors?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!