Heide Park Discussion Thread

P. 120: Colossus will re-open in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Heide Park Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:07 am

Speaking to El Toro, I often see sections of track replaced even though they were never really rough. This year, I saw entire sections of the twister section replaced. Not sure if Heide was as vigilant there.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Funtown U.S.A. & Palace Playland

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Heide Park Discussion Thread

Postby gardyloo! » Thu May 09, 2019 4:28 am

Rode Colossos last week. It's (almost) as smooth as butter. The new theming looks good too and looking at the expressions of the guests adds some value to the ride as well.

I had not ridden before it's re-track but found the airtime to be plentiful (people have been saying it has gotten a lot weaker). Sustained ejector on every hill in the front, and ejector and some floater in the back (those last bunny hops are a lot better in the front). There are trims on the first two hills but you don't really notice them. All in all, the ride is (still) amazing, not my favorite woodie, but still pretty high up there.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!