Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Heide Park Discussion Thread

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:41 am

A.J. wrote:
Pedrinho wrote:^
True, the trains are new, but I didn't read anything about the manufacturer yet. Has anyone?

I think that they're Intamin, they look just like the ones on El Toro and T Express.

Okay.. Is it true that the old trains were from Gerstlauer? I have that memorized, but I can't find anything about that online, so I may be wrong.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:36 pm

The new theming looks AMAZING!!! :lover: :lover:

Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:19 pm

Pedrinho wrote:Okay.. Is it true that the old trains were from Gerstlauer?

I don't think so, the old trains look pretty much exactly like what are currently running on Balder at Liseberg.

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:28 am

After missing Colossus with our visit to the park last year, and the only time we rode it was in the opening month 18(!) years ago, we decided to drive the 300 miles to visit the park last friday, mainly just to ride Colossus.

Did 2 rides on it, with a 20-30 min wait time for each one. It was a little too chilly for our taste to do more.

The ride was good, speed is maintained very well throughout the whole ride and there is (still) plenty of airtime from beginning to end.

The only little thing ‘ negative’ for me personaly was that the ride is smooth.....very smooth. Really felt like a RMC , just without the crazy things they are famous for.
When i ride a wood coaster I wanna feel that i’m on a wood coaster, but Colossus is as smooth as a baby’s bottom.

Still liked the ride, but not completely my taste for a woodie.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:18 pm

I'll take a very smooth colossus thanks!!!

Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:30 pm

SharkTums wrote:I'll take a very smooth colossus thanks!!!

Can’t really remember how smooth/shaky it was the only time I rode it before the closure(it was 18 years ago), but it is smooth now!

Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:46 pm

^ Last time I rode it it gave me a headache, in the last couple of years you could feel every track connection :( Good to hear it is smooth again :)

Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:47 pm

^^I rode it about a month or so before it went down for all this a couple years ago and it was an incredibly brutal ride. Like, brain stem slam at the bottom of every hill brutal. An amazing ride and all the airtime was there, but I could only bear to ride it 2 or 3 times.

I’ll also take smooth Colossos.

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:03 pm

SharkTums wrote:I'll take a very smooth colossus thanks!!!

Especially compared to how it was in it's last year of operation as normal Colossos, I'd take glass smooth any day.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:34 am

Anybody have an answer (or guesstimate) on why this ride aged so poorly compared to El Toro? Are they really replacing track pieces often on El Toro or doing that much better of maintenance compared to Heide? Or was there design changes from this first model to those following?
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS