Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Heide Park Discussion Thread

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:20 am

I'm going to Hamburg for a week in about a month around mid to late may, can anyone testify as to how busy the park might be around 14-21 of May? I'd like to go (hoping Colossos could just maybe open by then) the park seems to be open an hour longer on the weekend in that period but if it's significantly busier than the weekdays then there's no benefit.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:26 am

^ If I where you I would go to Hansa Park instead as it is about the same distance away from Hamburg and you will have a much better day there ;) Regardless of where you go weekdays will be best as weekends are usually significantly busier.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:40 pm

Norwegian coasterfan wrote:^ If I where you I would go to Hansa Park instead as it is about the same distance away from Hamburg and you will have a much better day there ;)

I mean ideally I'll be going to both :) Haven't done either, just have no idea how busy either of them are really around this time of year, never been to Germany before.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:16 pm

Rill'o'beily wrote:
Norwegian coasterfan wrote:^ If I where you I would go to Hansa Park instead as it is about the same distance away from Hamburg and you will have a much better day there ;)

I mean ideally I'll be going to both :) Haven't done either, just have no idea how busy either of them are really around this time of year, never been to Germany before.

Sounds good :) I don’t think it will be very busy during that time so you should be fine :)

Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:10 pm

Norwegian coasterfan wrote:Those trims where there before they closed it, you could not feel them at all :)

They actually added an additional trim and turned them all up, unfortunately. Compare the first POV's from 8 years ago to the new testing footage where the train crawls into that newly-themed airtime hill with no airtime potential.

At least she lives though.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:04 am

I don't think there was a lot of pre-announcement, it feels like it came out of nowhere because checking the website for a while it seemed there never was a date (I think the date came out on the 17th so the day before yesterday only) but anyway, Colossos opened today!

Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:56 am

^ I'm excited to hear how it's riding if it opened today.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:22 am

Check out this video ad for Colossos. It would appear that they've given it a new set of trains!

Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:42 am

^
True, the trains are new, but I didn't read anything about the manufacturer yet. Has anyone?

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:23 am

Pedrinho wrote:^
True, the trains are new, but I didn't read anything about the manufacturer yet. Has anyone?

I think that they're Intamin, they look just like the ones on El Toro and T Express.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS