The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:47 am

So you're telling me they may actually get their new for 2019 ride open by the end of 2019? :lol:
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Hamburg DOM & Heide Park

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:55 am

ryder wrote:Since no one's mentioned it, track is complete and the station is starting to go up for WCR.

Opening: Dec 30 2019. "See, we told you it was new for 2019!"
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Ass is another word for Donkey!

Postby tndank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:08 am

First time visiting this upcoming weekend. Flash pass still just 1 lap on TC, X2 and FT?

Haunted houses any good here?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby FireandBlood91 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:24 am

tndank wrote:First time visiting this upcoming weekend. Flash pass still just 1 lap on TC, X2 and FT?

Haunted houses any good here?

To the first question, yes. Same thing for Crazanity and Superman I believe. For the Haunted Houses, the set design is kinda cool, but there's no soundtrack in most of them and barely any scare actors. If you've been to horror nights or scary farm then be prepared to be let down big time.

Postby tndank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:06 am

Thanks for the info. I imagine it'll be a zoo this Saturday but I think we'll have fun. We are doing Knotts Sunday so perhaps I appreciate it more after doing Six Flags. :)

When does parking normally open? Front gates? (Some parks open some parts early, etc.) Figured I'd double check. I like to be one of the first in the park.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby t-forty » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:37 am

tndank wrote:Thanks for the info. I imagine it'll be a zoo this Saturday but I think we'll have fun. We are doing Knotts Sunday so perhaps I appreciate it more after doing Six Flags. :)

When does parking normally open? Front gates? (Some parks open some parts early, etc.) Figured I'd double check. I like to be one of the first in the park.

Just went this past Saturday (first time on a weekend for me), and it was crowded. Bought the regular flash pass and got 5 rides in between 12p to 5:30p. You might be able to get a few more as I was with an 8 year old new to coasters and we definitely were not efficient. I would recommend getting at least the Gold or Platinum. The regular flash pass times were 30-60 minutes for most rides. Tatsu, Colossus, Goliath, and X2 were 90-120 mins. I would recommend going early, the parking gates open early, I believe it's 930 or 10. You can buy the flash pass after the security check and before the entrance gates. That will save you some time and allows you to get in the flash pass entrance line. When I went early in previous years, not all rides were opened at 1030. Just ride what is open. I've noticed usually Tatsu, YOLOcoaster, and Colossus are opened at 1030. On Sat, Revolution was running 1 train and Colossus was running 3. Lex Luthor was closed and Superman was running one side. Also, you can't access Apocolypse from the DC area. You have to go by Tatsu/Roaring Rapids to get there.

Postby tndank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:06 am

Thanks for all the info.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:51 pm

Mike240SX wrote:
ryder wrote:Since no one's mentioned it, track is complete and the station is starting to go up for WCR.

At this point, I will actually be surprised if WCR opens in 2019. I could very well see a January or February opening.

A December opening is possible and probably the most likely scenario, but as we all know by now, NOTHING is predictable with this ride.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:29 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:A December opening is possible and probably the most likely scenario, but as we all know by now, NOTHING is predictable with this park.

Fixed. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:41 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:

At this point, I will actually be surprised if WCR opens in 2019. I could very well see a January or February opening.

Right there with you. If this ride actually opens in 2019 I’ll be shocked.
Bigger is not always better.

PreviousNext