The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterlvr » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:05 pm

bostonlva wrote:It looks like green lantern is staring to be taken down

https://twitter.com/GijsMaarse/status/1164662367172513792

Screamscape just RT this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a friend of mine saw them working on it a few days ago. supposedly the trains were taken off a bit before that too.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby tega234 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:18 pm

All I want is an entrance by scream.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:55 pm

How about THIS under Scream? Or something similar done to the pavement, underneath it.
Sky Painting - John Fleming Artist.jpg
Done by John Fleming, Artist.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:11 pm

I know I don't speak for very many people when I say this, but I will actually miss Green Lantern a little. Yeah, the other ones ran better and the ride was very uncomfortable and painful, but no other ride scared me as much as that ride did and that's a feeling I don't get on too many coasters anymore.

With that being said, I do prefer the S&S Free Spins since they are much more re-rideable. I would love to see Green Lantern replaced with one. Whether that's even marketable or likely is another discussion, but they could plop down a Joker clone in place of Green Lantern and I wouldn't complain a single bit!
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby TatsuXtreme » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:35 pm

I'm sure that we will see construction walls go up a few days before they start actually dismantling Green Lantern. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be announced next week as the new for 2020 attraction for La Ronde.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Kylis » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:How about THIS under Scream? Or something similar done to the pavement, underneath it.

I keep putting on the surveys in the suggestions that they should paint the pavement under scream.

Postby Superbatboy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:15 am

Honestly wish Scream was leaving instead, that hunk of junk has injured me much more over the years than GL.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby TatsuXtreme » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:43 am

Superbatboy wrote:Honestly wish Scream was leaving instead, that hunk of junk has injured me much more over the years than GL.

What? How do you manage to get hurt on Scream? It's one of the smoothest rides in the park!

Postby Superbatboy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:26 am

TatsuXtreme wrote:
Superbatboy wrote:Honestly wish Scream was leaving instead, that hunk of junk has injured me much more over the years than GL.

What? How do you manage to get hurt on Scream? It's one of the smoothest rides in the park!

It's not even in the top 10 smoothest rides in the park, head banging, rattle galore. I'm was dumbfounded when I rode Bizarro at Gradv, butter smooth and enjoyable. Not sure where B&M went wrong with this one...
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby SoCalJasonland » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:42 am

Superbatboy wrote:
TatsuXtreme wrote:

It's not even in the top 10 smoothest rides in the park, head banging, rattle galore. I'm was dumbfounded when I rode Bizarro at Gradv, butter smooth and enjoyable. Not sure where B&M went wrong with this one...

If the train rattles through the track, then that is normally a maintenance issue and not a B&M issue. If you get a shopping cart at the grocery store and the bearings are bad or dirty on one wheel and the whole cart rattles and seizes up when you try to push it straight, you don't blame the ground; you get another cart. I have had many smooth rides on this, so if it was a track issue, the ride would be rough all the time.
I love to roam where the wild things are.

PreviousNext