The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:00 pm

That's fun. Loving the TPR sticker on some of those photos. My minivan's been sporting one just like it the last few years!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:22 pm

Um. Link for proof please?

This 1994 LA Times article cites quite the opposite: "None of the more than 100 rides at the park suffered any mechanical breakdown or structural damage in the Jan. 17 quake."

Psyclone mysteriously had trim brakes added to it after the earthquake and as the article also states, the hillside on which Jet Stream and Ninja sit had to have a retaining wall added. From the firsthand accounts I heard from maintenance people who worked there in 1994, there was most definitely concern about the footers on the hill and it was after the earthquake they discovered the Psyclone structure was in worse shape than they thought. While I suppose you can argue Psyclone's damage was from the heavy trains and the hillside doesn't count as direct damage to Ninja, it's not like a park is going to admit "yeah, the rides we say are built to sustain earthquakes actually had damage!"

Postby Superbatboy » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:46 pm

SteVeUrkle wrote:Weeks ago there was a 7.0+ earthquake. Anyone hear of roller coasters malfunctioning because of it? Absolutely not. They were up an running an hour later.

Umm, the epicenter was like 120 miles from the park
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:09 pm

Superbatboy wrote:
SteVeUrkle wrote:Weeks ago there was a 7.0+ earthquake. Anyone hear of roller coasters malfunctioning because of it? Absolutely not. They were up an running an hour later.

Umm, the epicenter was like 120 miles from the park

yeah, that was a pretty stupid example. LOL

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby bostonlva » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:23 pm

I wonder when we start getting hints for the August reveal/2020 ride.

It’s Kind of funny they are going to announce a 2020 ride before the 2019 ride even opens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby SFMMFan76 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:26 am

Yes, I know this is a TPR board, and I've been a member for awhile. I know you want to get your name out there in pics, but I think it's really tacky and unprofessional that you had to place a magnet on the unfinished coaster to promote your site on a special invite only back-lot tour of the new area. You wouldn't go to a museum tour and stick your business card on an original painting and take a picture, would you? And yes, I know the magnet wouldn't do any damage, but just don't understand why people are so unwilling to keep their hands to themselves?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:00 am

SFMMFan76 wrote:Yes, I know this is a TPR board, and I've been a member for awhile. I know you want to get your name out there in pics, but I think it's really tacky and unprofessional that you had to place a magnet on the unfinished coaster to promote your site on a special invite only back-lot tour of the new area. You wouldn't go to a museum tour and stick your business card on an original painting and take a picture, would you? And yes, I know the magnet wouldn't do any damage, but just don't understand why people are so unwilling to keep their hands to themselves?

Seriously? It was a magnet. And TRUST ME, it was done in jest and for fun. And if you honestly believe we need to “promote our site” like we don’t already have 3.5 million followers and 1 billion YouTube views, well that’s where you’re wrong.

We were allowed to touch the supports and the track. No one was doing anything wrong.

Best part about all this? No one is forcing you to be a member here and you are welcome to leave anytime and absolutely NOBODY will care.

Honestly, we really don’t give a shit what you think.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:07 am.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:52 pm

Thank you coasterlvr for the WCR update! It's nice to see some progress on this ride. Even if it is taking a lot longer than anticipated, I'm sure it'll be a fun coaster and the retheme should spruce up that area of the park a lot.

Also, I thought the TPR magnet pictures were cute. :Pr
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:10 pm

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:Also, I thought the TPR magnet pictures were cute. :Pr

thanks, that's because you get it. :)

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:30 pm

Imagine a life where you're that butthurt about someone sticking a magnet on a piece of steel and taking a photo of it. Good grief. (Nice update on the coaster, though!)

I haven't been in the SFMM thread in a while, good to see things haven't changed much.

judy.gif

PreviousNext