The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 18 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Superbatboy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:35 pm

The ride is looking good
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby SFMMFan76 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:23 am

I went to Magic Mountain this past Sunday and I haven't seen anyone post about this yet. The will-call ticket area has been moved to the far left ticket booth located before the security checkpoint. All regular ticket sales are now sold from where will-call used to be located after the security checkpoint. I asked around about this, and they said that all remaining ticket booths out front were just being used for storage for now. Can anyone else confirm what they future plans are for this? Is it a trial run of sorts?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:05 pm

SFMMFan76 wrote:Can anyone else confirm what they future plans are for this? Is it a trial run of sorts?

I can't confirm anything, but I was struck (I visited yesterday) by the fact that the ticket booths were all seemingly unmanned given the crowds—a tacit confirmation that one-day tickets are kind of an anachronism now, at least at Six Flags' parks.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:50 pm

Arthur_Seaton wrote:I was struck (I visited yesterday) by the fact that the ticket booths were all seemingly unmanned given the crowds

Is this your first visit to a Six Flags park?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:00 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:Is this your first visit to a Six Flags park?

No. It's not even my first visit to one this month.

But it is perhaps the first time that, as the user above notes, that I've noticed the ticket booths entirely replaced by a makeshift will-call station.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby SFMMFan76 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:13 pm

Arthur_Seaton wrote:
KBrylczyk wrote:Is this your first visit to a Six Flags park?

No. It's not even my first visit to one this month.

But it is perhaps the first time that, as the user above notes, that I've noticed the ticket booths entirely replaced by a makeshift will-call station.

It makes me wonder if they are going to decide to remove the ticket booths at some point?

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Arthur_Seaton wrote:
SFMMFan76 wrote:Can anyone else confirm what they future plans are for this? Is it a trial run of sorts?

I can't confirm anything, but I was struck (I visited yesterday) by the fact that the ticket booths were all seemingly unmanned given the crowds—a tacit confirmation that one-day tickets are kind of an anachronism now, at least at Six Flags' parks.

Not one day tickets...just walk up sales. There's this thing called the internet that has made purchasing tickets for anything much easier. ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:32 pm

So what the heck is happening with Green Lantern? First they said they're removing it, then during a Q&A it was said they're retracking it (which makes no sense), now it's back to being rumored for removal.

I'm in the minority where I dont hate the ride and absolutely love the theming and aesthetic, but also don't mind some new hotness (that isnt a pistachio park) in its place.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:52 pm

^ Um....pistachio park? :?r
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Sportsdude360 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:02 pm

Superbatboy wrote:So what the heck is happening with Green Lantern? First they said they're removing it, then during a Q&A it was said they're retracking it (which makes no sense), now it's back to being rumored for removal.

I'm in the minority where I dont hate the ride and absolutely love the theming and aesthetic, but also don't mind some new hotness (that isnt a pistachio park) in its place.

What the "bleep" is a "pistachio park"?!!

PreviousNext