The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby DBJ » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:53 pm

I am a member too, and use these few extra minutes to go towards YOLOcoaster and/or get a refill. Or get the fastlanes, etc, I think the extra time is handy to have actually.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby zoda » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:55 pm

The walk of shame, I mean guilt.
When the station's flashpass entrance is through the exit instead of being intertwined with the regular people once you get to the front. Ninja and GoldRusher are the two I can think of that make you do that. I think Goliath used to have it that way a couple years ago, until they changed it and made flashpassers go down the stairs around the back and up the stairs to meet with the regular line.
To make it worse, Ninja is only running one train, with a 100 minute wait time. And then here I come, through the exit gate keeping my eyes at the floor as I pick my seat, so I don't have to look at those poorly faces who have been waiting for an hour in the heat, who were so excited because they finally made it to the front and this train was suppose to be theirs, but then all of a sudden the flash pass herd comes and now you, who is in the regular line, have to wait another 3 minutes for the next train.
And then as a flash passer, you sit there for about a minute in front of everyone while the attendants check each restraint trying not to make eye contact with the people in line.
But boy do I freakin love flash passes. I am sorry for not being sorry. I do wish MM could have better line queuing. I like how they do the lines for YOLOcoaster.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Intamin_coyote » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:50 pm

I've been going to KI all my life, so I must ask. What is this "one-train operation" you speak of?

I thought that was just for like kiddie coasters, shuttles, and whatnot. :lol:

(But all joking aside, that wait for Ninja sounds effing brutal - typically not a good thing when the number of lifts a ride has exceeds its number of trains in operation!)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby zoda » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:10 am

Intamin_coyote wrote:I've been going to KI all my life, so I must ask. What is this "one-train operation" you speak of?

I thought that was just for like kiddie coasters, shuttles, and whatnot. :lol:

(But all joking aside, that wait for Ninja sounds effing brutal - typically not a good thing when the number of lifts a ride has exceeds its number of trains in operation!)

When I went, they only had one train running for Ninja, Scream, Superman, and Tidal Wave. I also heard someone say Riddlers Revenge was only using one train too but I cant confirm that one. They have been running one train on Scream for a couple weeks now. However for a good reason, someone spotted new trains in the dirt near the ride. Now add flashplass to that line.

When I went on Tidal wave, they let like 10 flash passers on, I had the whole row to myself and like 2 other rows behind me were empty. I Thought that maybe they would open the gate for the regular line to fill in the rows, but they didnt. They started the ride with only flash passers on it when there was tons of space left. It is quite ridiculous.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:05 am

Well, I am going back to CA this year! Bad news is that mean 1 train ops and dealing with Six Flags-ness
Only/last time I went was for an event so had ERT and the park kind of ran itself well. No such luck this time :lmao:

I was thinking early Sept. What crowds can be expected, though I assume fast lane is necessary? Would crowds be any better on a week day?
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby zoda » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:38 pm

JJLehto wrote:Well, I am going back to CA this year! Bad news is that mean 1 train ops and dealing with Six Flags-ness
Only/last time I went was for an event so had ERT and the park kind of ran itself well. No such luck this time :lmao:

I was thinking early Sept. What crowds can be expected, though I assume fast lane is necessary? Would crowds be any better on a week day?

Early September the park is empty. You wouldn't need a flash pass. Be aware that Fright Fest begins September 14, which means every Saturday, the park will be packed till November. That was miserable. I went the last Saturday of September thinking people wouldn't be going to Fright Fest till October, big mistake. I had a gold flash pass and still had to wait a whole hour for some of the rides. Week days are empty.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby joelwee » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:44 pm

^ Oddly enough, I’ve found that Fright Fest gets LESS crowded closer to Halloween. I guess most people prefer to get their spook fix early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seat, don't fail me now!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Speaking of crowded, I went to the park today planning on spending a couple of hours there. No single-train ops that I could see, but the place was too packed for my liking with some hefty lines, so I bailed after 30 mins. Grabbed a few pics of the new coaster:
IMG_3949.jpeg
It looks like it'll have good visual appeal from the walkway.
IMG_3950.jpeg
The first element looks complete and the dips down into the second launch are installed now too.
IMG_3954.jpeg
The support structure is gnarly.
IMG_3957.jpeg
And, I'm guessing, that guests will walk right under it.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:43 pm

^ Yay! Thanks for the new photos! I was wondering how "it" was doing, lol.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:08 pm

zoda wrote:
JJLehto wrote:Well, I am going back to CA this year! Bad news is that mean 1 train ops and dealing with Six Flags-ness

Early September the park is empty. You wouldn't need a flash pass. Be aware that Fright Fest begins September 14, which means every Saturday, the park will be packed till November. That was miserable. I went the last Saturday of September thinking people wouldn't be going to Fright Fest till October, big mistake. I had a gold flash pass and still had to wait a whole hour for some of the rides. Week days are empty.

Awesome, that works well because it would likely be the first week of Sept. Thanks for the help! This deff confirms I'll go for a weekday
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

PreviousNext