The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: coasternut, JGuy and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby joelwee » Fri May 17, 2019 11:19 pm

Two of the launch tracks are up, with a few more supports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seat, don't fail me now!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat May 18, 2019 2:47 pm

^ :b :br
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:03 pm

Seeing track and supports being installed makes me much more excited for this coaster! I'm hoping it opens before I leave SoCal in mid-August, but given that it is almost Memorial Day and we just started vertical construction, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby SFMMFan76 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:06 pm

I'm a Diamond Elite Member...

... and went to Magic Mountain on Saturday (5/25). I don't usually go on Saturdays because I know the crowds are horrible. I only went Saturday because a friend was visiting from NorCal and it was supposed to rain on Sunday.

I went online to reserve preferred parking early in the day on Friday, thinking preferred parking would still be available, but it was full and I was added to a waitlist. Was told online when added to waitlist that if something came open before 9a on Saturday, I would receive an email. I got to SFMM around 11am, got to the toll booth to have my DE member card scanned and was asked if I wanted to pay $10 for preferred parking. I told the team member that I was tried to reserve online and that it was full. Was told there was nothing she could do. Drove around and had to park in H2 area in front of Scream. Preferred Parking area was barely 1/3 full. Went to Guest Relations and spoke with a awesome team member who listened to our issue. (Don't want to say complaint.) I told her I couldn't reserve parking because it was full but was offered to park there for $10. (Would it have been $5, since DE members get 50% off?) In fact, come to find out, they were offering it EVERY guest. Explained to her that I didn't think it was right that DE members have the pay to use Preferred when it's offered as a perk for being DE. For the inconvenience and being patient, she ended up giving our group three front of the line passes for any rides except X2 and Crazanity.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue May 28, 2019 5:07 pm

I think you're assuming that all of the preferred parking spots are earmarked for Diamond Elite members, and they only sell the ones Diamond Elite members don't reserve. I highly doubt that's the case. Likely they have a number of those spots available for reservation and the rest they sell to whoever is willing to pay, and the number available for Diamond Elite members did in fact sell out.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Tue May 28, 2019 5:35 pm

I thought DE members got some sort of extra preferred parking with much lower capacity, which is supposedly even closer than the normal preferred parking for most members, but I may be mis-remembering, and this could all just be made up
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:33 pm

DBru wrote:This afternoon I drove up to Valencia to check out Six Flags Magic Mountain’s latest thrill machine.

Best SFMM coaster review ever! :lmao:

I don't always check out the SFMM thread, but I'm glad I did today.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:44 pm

JG-77 wrote:I thought DE members got some sort of extra preferred parking with much lower capacity, which is supposedly even closer than the normal preferred parking for most members, but I may be mis-remembering, and this could all just be made up

For Diamond Elite, it's worded as "Priority Perferred Parking." Which sounds like it's kinda false advertising if they have open spaces for GP to buy, but say their "full" for DE members.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MHL3 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:56 pm

^I agree and I think SFMMFan's criticism was completely valid therefore. I'll defend parks on a lot of things but Six Flags is notoriously bad at minimizing mistakes with new policies/programs when it comes to execution. They definitely need to work out this system across the board (with memberships) despite how happy I am with the concept in general.

Also, if you think Speedy is good, try Canyon Blaster. (I'm only half kidding, lol).

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby toughmudder » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:13 pm

Howdy all - I am headed to SoCal during the first week of July with my family. We are hoping to hit SFMM while we are there. We know it will be a busy week, but it's the only time we're able to go. We don't have season passes, and don't live near enough a Six Flags park to get one (for the time being), so this will be a one and done for all of us. Currently I think the best deal is to get our tickets online at least one full day prior to our visit, or bring a Coke can to get $20 off the ticket booth price.

Are any of you aware of any other local deals (supermarkets, convenience stores, Costco, etc.) that might have a good price for a one-day park admission?

Thanks in advance!

PreviousNext