The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: booink, JG-77 and 26 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby jamesinclair » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:31 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:
anonymouscactus wrote:If you don't have a pass/membership purchased yet, you'll have to do both at SFMM as it will be the first park you visit. If you already have an active SFA pass and want to add on dining, you will have a hell of a time getting it on your SFA pass at SFMM. All attempts to do this I have read in the past you either flat out couldn't do it, or it took hours at guest services to work something out. Things might have changed in the last year but since the passes are at different price points for each region they purposely make you activate at your home park so everyone doesn't just buy an SFA pass without going there. Unlike Cedar Fair which charges the same amount at all of the parks for their Platinum pass

LOL at the unambitious GP who won't fly across the country just to scan in a pass for a cheaper rate.

I used to spend Christmas in Mexico City. Wed buy our annual passes for the year at around 45% cheaper than what was charged at MM.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:22 am

So, I heard that there's rebar for footers on the WCR site so, that's a good sign, right? Right??

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:01 am

I love how we're worried about this five months before it's scheduled to open.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby southpuddle » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:30 am

Nobody should plan or expect to ride this until October. Don’t psych yourself out and maybe you’ll be pleasantly surprised if you end up getting on it mid September.

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:22 am

southpuddle wrote:Nobody should plan or expect to ride this until October. Don’t psych yourself out and maybe you’ll be pleasantly surprised if you end up getting on it mid September.

I don't know about that. It's only February. I have a feeling once the track pieces arrive the whole thing will go up rather quickly. If they're starting to put in footers this week, that means supports and track is likely on the way.

Postby bert425 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:47 am

did y'all see MM guest star on Hell's Kitchen on the finale Friday?

Ramsey "closed down the park" to allow the two finalists (and their families) to have the park to themselves and ride the 19 roller coasters!!! (LOL..but then the only one they showed was "viper").

Ariel and Mia - the two finalists - went on and on about how they love roller coasters, and are enthusiasts. . . and got "excited and scared" when they were told they would be the 1st two of the general public allowed to ride the brand new coaster "YOLOcoaster"

yeah.

wonder how long ago they filmed this? tho, it looked like the coaster had been open for a long while, so more likely Ariel and Mia like roller coasters, but just aren't enthusiasts, and had no idea how long the ride has been open.

no worries regardless, as they didn't get to ride, it turned out that once they went behind the "construction walls" it was a cooking challenge in the entrance plaza of the ride, as the coaster zoomed overhead.

so it was laughable, but I guess good exposure for SFMM :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:22 pm

JT325 wrote:Clean the park a bit and make it a little nicer looking, like it was eons ago. Make it a more user-friendly park.

You'll be pleased to hear that that's exactly what they're doing! The area where the new ride is going is one of last dumpiest spots of the park, and it's getting a full cleanup and retheme with a new ride. I'm not sure it was that nice-looking eons ago though!

Twistedtatsu805 wrote:I don't know about that. It's only February. I have a feeling once the track pieces arrive the whole thing will go up rather quickly. If they're starting to put in footers this week, that means supports and track is likely on the way.

Agreed. I know that moaning about SFMM is de rigeur because reasons, but I can't imagine it'll take long to put this one together. This isn't a particularly big ride; it's really just a single oval structure with two low-to-the-ground tracks. I assume both tracks will take advantage of the same support structure, and the most knotted section (the helix over the go-karts) looks like it'll be one clump of track.

One concern I have about the go-kart section, though, is if coaster will linger amidst petrol fumes. The go-karts stink, and the renders make it look like the new ride is going to meander over the go-kart track for a good few seconds. Maybe the trains will be moving too fast? Maybe fume inhalation will be considered part of the "racing experience"?

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby jamesinclair » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:14 pm

Electric gokarts are pretty common these days. Time to throw out the lawnmowers and join the 21st century

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:27 am

Lmao, it's not even raining (yet) and the park just posted on Twitter that it will be closed today. They should just give up on the whole 365 thing and go back to weekends only.

Postby coasterbill » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:10 am

Twistedtatsu805 wrote:Lmao, it's not even raining (yet) and the park just posted on Twitter that it will be closed today. They should just give up on the whole 365 thing and go back to weekends only.

Knott's will probably close too (or at least close early). I feel like you're making quite the leap there.

Edit: Actually their forecast is marginally better so they may not. Still, they close for rain all the time. It's supposed to rain all day at Magic Mountain. I don't blame them at all.

PreviousNext