The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 24 Sep 2017
Gender: None specified

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby yodelo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:08 pm

If I buy a premium dining pass from Six Flags America's site, can I use it at Six Flags Magic Mountain in February? It says it's available at all parks. My home park is SFA, but it won't be open before I go to SFMM

Online
Donkeys are my way of life!
 
Posts: 529
Joined: 26 Jan 2018
Location: Baltimore-Washington Area
Gender: Male
Age: 16

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby JG-77 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:26 pm

Idk, I'd ask the park. Idk about SFMM, but to my experience SFA has usually been pretty good at answering my questions within a day or two of me asking it.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Can I park my donkey here?
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 29 Aug 2018
Gender: None specified

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby ryder » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:00 am

JT325 wrote:
tanthonyam wrote:Why am I not surprised?


Exactly. I wish they would just scrap the coaster and fix up what they have. Clean the park a bit and make it a little nicer looking, like it was eons ago. Make it a more user-friendly park. Like that other chain we can't mention with out being called a fanboy (including when we are not).


While SFMM certainly has it's problems, we do have to give some credit where it's due: they actually are cleaning the park and making it nicer. Steampunk District, Metropolis, Crazanity area, YOLOcoaster Plaza, have all been upgraded, and they are now working on a major area of the park with WCR. That's well over half the park being upgraded.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"
User avatar
 
Posts: 1141
Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ.
Gender: Male

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby coasternut » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:36 am

yodelo wrote:If I buy a premium dining pass from Six Flags America's site, can I use it at Six Flags Magic Mountain in February? It says it's available at all parks. My home park is SFA, but it won't be open before I go to SFMM


The dining passes are good at all 6 Flags parks. I use them a lot.
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:
Image

Online
Donkeys are my way of life!
 
Posts: 529
Joined: 26 Jan 2018
Location: Baltimore-Washington Area
Gender: Male
Age: 16

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby JG-77 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:42 am

What I would be concerned about is if it needs to be registered at SFA, since new passes must be registered at your home park, and IDK enough about your membership situation and SF’s policies to say if you can use it at SFMM yet
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!
User avatar
 
Posts: 982
Joined: 15 Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Gender: Male

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:00 am

If you don't have a pass/membership purchased yet, you'll have to do both at SFMM as it will be the first park you visit. If you already have an active SFA pass and want to add on dining, you will have a hell of a time getting it on your SFA pass at SFMM. All attempts to do this I have read in the past you either flat out couldn't do it, or it took hours at guest services to work something out. Things might have changed in the last year but since the passes are at different price points for each region they purposely make you activate at your home park so everyone doesn't just buy an SFA pass without going there. Unlike Cedar Fair which charges the same amount at all of the parks for their Platinum pass

Too Slow For Comfort
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 20 Dec 2018
Location: Tampa, FL
Gender: Male

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:30 am

anonymouscactus wrote:If you don't have a pass/membership purchased yet, you'll have to do both at SFMM as it will be the first park you visit. If you already have an active SFA pass and want to add on dining, you will have a hell of a time getting it on your SFA pass at SFMM. All attempts to do this I have read in the past you either flat out couldn't do it, or it took hours at guest services to work something out. Things might have changed in the last year but since the passes are at different price points for each region they purposely make you activate at your home park so everyone doesn't just buy an SFA pass without going there. Unlike Cedar Fair which charges the same amount at all of the parks for their Platinum pass


LOL at the unambitious GP who won't fly across the country just to scan in a pass for a cheaper rate.

Too Slow For Comfort
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 20 Dec 2018
Location: Tampa, FL
Gender: Male

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:30 am

Duplicate Post
Last edited by Too Fast For Comfort on Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:09 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 24 Sep 2017
Gender: None specified

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby yodelo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:01 am

WOW FML

Six Flags America called me, and said the same thing. Because my season pass is already activated at Six Flags America, if I buy a premium dining pass, I won't be able to activate it or use it Six Flags Magic Mountain. The problem is, SFA doesn't open until April 6th, and I'm going to SFMM in February.

My plan is to buy a Premium Dining Pass and try to get it activated at SFMM. If they refuse to let me have it, I'll just activate when I get home at SFA anyway. UGH

Too Slow For Comfort
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 20 Dec 2018
Location: Tampa, FL
Gender: Male

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:12 pm

yodelo wrote:WOW FML

Six Flags America called me, and said the same thing. Because my season pass is already activated at Six Flags America, if I buy a premium dining pass, I won't be able to activate it or use it Six Flags Magic Mountain. The problem is, SFA doesn't open until April 6th, and I'm going to SFMM in February.

My plan is to buy a Premium Dining Pass and try to get it activated at SFMM. If they refuse to let me have it, I'll just activate when I get home at SFA anyway. UGH


Its all pretty silly to me. I could see making the prices dynamic for different park admissions (although to me, maybe that just means that they should do a better job of balancing out the attractions among their different parks), but that's crazy for the food part of it. And really, they should be celebrating guests who would take the time out of their schedule to travel to go to their different parks, not punishing them. If Six Flags wants to compete with the big boys, they'll have to learn how to get people to cross state lines just to go to their parks.

PreviousNext