The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby joelwee » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Revolution is no longer restricted to just one ride. They did remove the single rider line though.

But even if it was still restricted, Revolution hardly ever has more than a station wait ever since they removed VR - except on super crowded days.
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby bostonlva » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:23 pm

Screamscape

West Coast Racers - (2/3/19) I’m afraid the rumored issue Six Flags Magic Mountain may have been having with West Coaster Racers is looking to be true, as it is currently February and not only has no serious vertical construction started for the coaster, but I’m hearing that no parts have even arrived. Without going into too much detail, the rumor suggested that major portions of the ride had to be redesigned to fit the site… which means a total redesign of the support system and footer locations, which would explain why there has been little progress so far, which of course would delay the actual production of the ride’s hardware until the new plans were finished. In other words, if all this holds true the opening of the actual coaster could be delayed by months, missing the prime summer opening window. Stay tuned!
http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:46 pm

From what I saw last week, they only had dirt cleared.

Though this is the park that took until July to open a frisbee flat so it could just be the usual slow construction too. Either way, it doesn't look like this will be opening for a while.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Galaxyland

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby southpuddle » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:34 pm

^^ In other words, everything is progressing according to plan :lol:

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby tanthonyam » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Why am I not surprised?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby yodelo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:47 pm

What is the bag policy like at Magic Mountain? Are you allowed to bring bags on every ride? Are there any that require you to pay for a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo?

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby joelwee » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:53 pm

^ X2 is the only ride that requires you to buy a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. All other coasters have either bins or sections off to the side where you can put your stuff.
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby yodelo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:01 pm

Thank you!

Any recommendations for cheap or delicious places to eat? Should we just head outside the park to get In N Out? I have a season pass so I have free parking.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ryder » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:24 pm

Go outside the park to eat if you can. There's multiple malls and strip malls with much better food, both restaurant and quick service/fast casual (Zanku, Presto Pasta, PizzaRev, Red Robin, Islands, Pei Wei, Pick Up Stix, Chili's... just to name a few).

If time is an issue, the best of the worst park options could be the garlic fries/chicken strips combo (but only if you like VERY garlicly, greasy fries... but I do) just outside of Food Etc., or Food Etc. itself (although lines can get long for some counters). YOLOcoaster Bar is fine... not terrible, but not really great either. Haven't actually tried Chop Six near Viper, but when it first opened, I heard it was better than expected--though I totally guess no one expected much, so take that as you will. It's not original, but there is a Johnny Rockets counter service near Crazanity that has mobile ordering. Best quick snack in the park: roasted corn on the cob near Batman.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:33 pm

tanthonyam wrote:Why am I not surprised?

Exactly. I wish they would just scrap the coaster and fix up what they have. Clean the park a bit and make it a little nicer looking, like it was eons ago. Make it a more user-friendly park. Like that other chain we can't mention with out being called a fanboy (including when we are not).
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

PreviousNext