The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby coasternut » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:50 am

^ I'm just concerned that the new watch version's font size will be difficult to read and interact with. :wtf:
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:25 pm

Oh man, worse than that it'll probably be Helvetica. Ugh.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby x2isawesome » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:21 am

Anyone know if twisted colossus is still weekend only? I'm kicking around going Tuesday but won't bother without it.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Ron101 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:15 pm

x2isawesome wrote:Anyone know if twisted colossus is still weekend only? I'm kicking around going Tuesday but won't bother without it.

Yes it has been open and usually with two trains.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:51 pm

Also this is a great day to visit. Even X2 is a walk-on already.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby joelwee » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:04 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Also this is a great day to visit. Even X2 is a walk-on already.

Nice! Is X2 back to 2 train ops? It was down to one train yesterday, and had an hour-long wait time when everything else had 5-10 minute waits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seat, don't fail me now!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:55 pm

It was running two trains. However, when we left the ride they dispatched an empty almost as if they were thinking of dropping down to one train.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ZeroG001 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:50 pm

Wanted to report that we were able to get everything in at the park yesterday without Flash Pass, despite the nice weather and the BAF for $9.99!

We got to the park right when it opened and found that YOLOcoaster and Goliath both weren't open yet, so we went to Twisted Colossus and waited about 10 minutes. Then walked onto Scream, Batman, and Riddler before making our way back to Goliath.

Goliath had about a 30 minute wait at this point since it was only running one train. We headed back towards the exit to leave the park for lunch and saw YOLOcoaster had a station wait, so we hit it before leaving.

Took about an hour lunch break at In-N-Out before getting back to the park at 3:15. Made our way up to the hill to ride Superman, which had about an hour wait running only one side. Then we waited about 15 minutes for Tatsu before heading down to X2 for another short 15 minute wait. After that we walked into Viper before riding YOLOcoaster again.

Overall a successful day for us! Not so sure about other guests since I checked the app when we got back from lunch and Goliath and Twisted Colossus were both listed as 90 minute waits.

The park didn't look too busy based on what I saw in the midways but I guess if you get there when it opens, you have a good chance of hitting everything without Flashpass, even on a moderately crowded day!
Coaster count:
101 (87 steel, 14 wood)

Top 5:
I305 | El Toro | Maverick | Twisted Colossus | Alpengeist

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby steamedturtle » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:32 pm

Wow, a lot of us were at the park yesterday. I was there too. The weather was perfect, and the crowds were very light. As others have said, X2 was a walk on or 1 train wait in the middle of the day, which was surprising. Tatsu and TC were like 10-20mins throughout the day. I took a 3 hour break in the middle of the day to watch the pro bowl at the sports bar and have a few beers, and still got 20 laps in.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby joelwee » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:43 pm

Dang, this could've been a TPR meet-up! I'm glad you guys had fun. I was there on Saturday morning and everything was a walk-on except X2 (which was running one train), Tatsu, and TC.

Side note: I noticed a Crazy Otto's is opening up on Magic Mountain Pkwy, just on the other side of the freeway from the park. Crazy Otto's started out as an Antelope Valley exclusive, but has been gradually making its way into Santa Clarita. They are known for "pancakes as big as your plate" and other breakfast items with pretty large portions. I ate at the one in Acton yesterday and was reminded how delicious their biscuits and gravy are.
Seat, don't fail me now!

PreviousNext