The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:12 am

Ron101 wrote:Anyone know what’s going on with West Coast Racers? They better not open the ride and area unfinished like they did with YOLOcoaster.

This isn’t too unusual based on SFMM’s history. They couldn’t even open a flat ride until mid July. Their last new ride that opened in the Spring was Twisted Colossus. Even YOLOcoaster didn’t open until late June.

I expect West Coast Racers to open in late June/early July at the earliest.
Steel: 161 / Wood: 32 / Total: 193
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby VTown661 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:42 am

SFMMFan76 wrote:
SFMMFan76 wrote:Does anyone happen to know if Diamond Elite membership holders can still get unlimited friends in with 50% off tickets. I remember you could last year, but the only thing I can find under My Rewards / Coupons is a one time use get a friend in for 50% off until the end of January. Can anyone confirm this change?

Just looking for an update on this? No one responded when I asked last week. Thanks in advance.

Found a link on the SFMM site (who would have guessed) it has all your perks listed for your level.

Elite Passholes Perks for SFMM
dumbpassholequestio2n.jpg
At times i will do random acts of kindness.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby SFMMFan76 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:10 pm

VTown661 wrote:
SFMMFan76 wrote:
SFMMFan76 wrote:Does anyone happen to know if Diamond Elite membership holders can still get unlimited friends in with 50% off tickets. I remember you could last year, but the only thing I can find under My Rewards / Coupons is a one time use get a friend in for 50% off until the end of January. Can anyone confirm this change?

Just looking for an update on this? No one responded when I asked last week. Thanks in advance.

Found a link on the SFMM site (who would have guessed) it has all your perks listed for your level.

Elite Passholes Perks for SFMM

Thank you! I was looking for the info on my phone, but was having a hard time locating it.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:25 pm

At the park now. Does anyone know what's going on with Crazanity? This is the third week in a row I've come and it's been closed with no crew.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Ron101 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:16 pm

Twistedtatsu805 wrote:At the park now. Does anyone know what's going on with Crazanity? This is the third week in a row I've come and it's been closed with no crew.

Maybe one of the motors up top broke. That seems to be the area they’ve been working on.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby coaster_cliff » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:05 pm

Ron101 wrote:
Twistedtatsu805 wrote:At the park now. Does anyone know what's going on with Crazanity? This is the third week in a row I've come and it's been closed with no crew.

Maybe one of the motors up top broke. That seems to be the area they’ve been working on.

That is indeed the case. The swinging motor failed on Tuesday, January 8th in the middle of a cycle. This left the frisbee full of passengers free-swinging for about 20 min until it finally lost momentum and came to a halt.
Yes, I did witness this and I do have video saved on my phone of the incident. This will probably be a lengthy fix.
--Abandoned monorail station enthusiast

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Big Sexy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:13 pm

coaster_cliff wrote:
Ron101 wrote:

That is indeed the case. The swinging motor failed on Tuesday, January 8th in the middle of a cycle. This left the frisbee full of passengers free-swinging for about 20 min until it finally lost momentum and came to a halt.
Yes, I did witness this and I do have video saved on my phone of the incident. This will probably be a lengthy fix.

Saw it run two test cycles this afternoon...

So today was the first day of them using the watches as the flash pass. Took me an hour to get my flash passes as they were having trouble with the system. Accesso(sp) was on hand helping with problems. It took 30 min to get in the gate and an hour in flash pass so i did not get going till noon. It was a fun day though.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby coaster_cliff » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:07 am

Big Sexy wrote:
coaster_cliff wrote:
Ron101 wrote:

Saw it run two test cycles this afternoon...

That’s good. Perhaps won’t take much longer to repair after all.
--Abandoned monorail station enthusiast

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:37 am

coaster_cliff wrote:That is indeed the case. The swinging motor failed on Tuesday, January 8th in the middle of a cycle. This left the frisbee full of passengers free-swinging for about 20 min until it finally lost momentum and came to a halt. Yes, I did witness this and I do have video saved on my phone of the incident. This will probably be a lengthy fix.

:omg:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:18 am

I'm surprised the ride doesn't have an emergency brake for situations like that.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

PreviousNext