The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: AllenA07 and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby VegasBaby » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:48 am

Twistedtatsu805 wrote:The park is closed for today. Man they are jumping on every little bit of rain they can to keep people from coming to use their dining pass!

Knott's is closed today too, so it's not just SFMM. There's a pretty big storm in SoCal and it may last a few days, so I wouldn't recommend anyone planning on going to the park until Friday.
Coaster Count: 211 Last Coaster: GhostRider
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby joelwee » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:16 pm

Twistedtatsu805 wrote:The park is closed for today. Man they are jumping on every little bit of rain they can to keep people from coming to use their dining pass!

SFMM usually doesn't shut down unless it's a significant amount of rain. It's been dumping rain here all morning and it's supposed to continue until about 7:00 PM. Also, Santa Clarita schools just started back up today, so crowds would've been light anyway. Shutting down the park today was a no-brainer.
Seat, don't fail me now!

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Apollo von Sol » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:24 pm

TIL theme parks make decisions on closing the park to prevent people from taking advantage of the dining pass... Who knew!? /s

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby ESRLoop » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:09 pm

With the amount of rain coming down in So Cal it's not surprising. They have a lot of rides that don't run in the rain and going back to when I worked there almost 20 years ago if there was heavy rain prior to park open that forecast to continue throughout the day they wouldn't open. As others have mentioned KBF has done the same for decades as well.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:28 am

SFMM just posted on their Twitter the park is closed again today. I'm guessing it's gonna stay closed till Friday.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Ron101 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:04 pm

Anyone know what’s going on with West Coast Racers? They better not open the ride and area unfinished like they did with YOLOcoaster.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:18 pm

Ron101 wrote:Anyone know what’s going on with West Coast Racers? They better not open the ride and area unfinished like they did with YOLOcoaster.

it was kind of fun standing in the 105 degree sun without cover. :b :b :b

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby SFMMFan76 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:58 am

SFMMFan76 wrote:Does anyone happen to know if Diamond Elite membership holders can still get unlimited friends in with 50% off tickets. I remember you could last year, but the only thing I can find under My Rewards / Coupons is a one time use get a friend in for 50% off until the end of January. Can anyone confirm this change?

Just looking for an update on this? No one responded when I asked last week. Thanks in advance.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:14 am

Ron101 wrote:They better not open the ride and area unfinished like they did with YOLOcoaster.

What was unfinished about YOLOcoaster? Was the only issue that the shade canopy wasn't in place? If you don't want to stand in the sun then don't ride it that day but wouldn't you rather the park give you the option rather than keeping a ride that's otherwise ready to operate closed over something so trivial? :lol:

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:44 am

SFMMFan76 wrote:
SFMMFan76 wrote:Does anyone happen to know if Diamond Elite membership holders can still get unlimited friends in with 50% off tickets. I remember you could last year, but the only thing I can find under My Rewards / Coupons is a one time use get a friend in for 50% off until the end of January. Can anyone confirm this change?

Just looking for an update on this? No one responded when I asked last week. Thanks in advance.

Not sure since I am only Diamond. Download the app and add your pass and you will be able to see all of your benefits.

Also, the sun is out and I'm off work so I'm heading to the mountain for 3-4 hours this morning, then heading down to Knott's for the afternoon!

PreviousNext