The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby bostonlva » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:21 pm

Does Six Flags still announce rides at the end of August?

If so. We should start getting rumors for 2019 soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby billybillybilly » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:59 pm

Is CraySanity an exact clone of MaxAir at Cedar Point?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby VegasBaby » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:55 pm

bostonlva wrote:Does Six Flags still announce rides at the end of August?

Yes, the last few years they've announced the new rides for all SF parks on the same day at the end of August. With the Cyclone Bay area closing down next month, it looks like SFMM will be getting something big. I'm not getting my hopes up too high since SF hasn't installed a major coaster since X-Flight in 2012. That's not to say the additions haven't been good (RMC conversions, RMC Raptor, S&S 4D, Fu11 Throttle, etc), but something like an Intamin or B&M giga would go against their ride strategy the last few years. However, the company's financial performance has been pretty good lately, so maybe they'll up the budget to compete with all the other recent SoCal theme park additions.
Coaster Count: 220 Last Coaster: Red Force
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:05 pm

billybillybilly wrote:Is CraySanity an exact clone of MaxAir at Cedar Point?

No. It is most similar, almost identical, to the ones going in at Six Flags parks (Riddler at SFOT, Wonder Woman at SFDK, Harley Quinn at SFNE), however I believe this one is slightly bigger so SFMM can claim the record of having the largest.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Coastin' thru life » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:38 pm

Thinking that IF the mountain gets a coaster it'll be a RMC T-rex...itll be the first of it's kind (nagic mountain loves this)itll have a vertical drop, big but not quite Giga (250ft), too.many inversions and not enough airtime, visually appealing but leave you wanting more, operations will be horrendous and Cedar Fair will build a better one in.2020. Crazanity looks super fun tho.

You heard it here first.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manic Monte » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:16 pm

VegasBaby wrote:
bostonlva wrote:Does Six Flags still announce rides at the end of August?

Yes, the last few years they've announced the new rides for all SF parks on the same day at the end of August. With the Cyclone Bay area closing down next month, it looks like SFMM will be getting something big. I'm not getting my hopes up too high since SF hasn't installed a major coaster since X-Flight in 2012. That's not to say the additions haven't been good (RMC conversions, RMC Raptor, S&S 4D, Fu11 Throttle, etc), but something like an Intamin or B&M giga would go against their ride strategy the last few years. However, the company's financial performance has been pretty good lately, so maybe they'll up the budget to compete with all the other recent SoCal theme park additions.

Don't forget SFGam Goliath in 2014. ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Coastin' thru life wrote:Thinking that IF the mountain gets a coaster it'll be a RMC T-rex...itll be the first of it's kind (nagic mountain loves this)itll have a vertical drop, big but not quite Giga (250ft), too.many inversions and not enough airtime, visually appealing but leave you wanting more, operations will be horrendous and Cedar Fair will build a better one in.2020. Crazanity looks super fun tho.

You heard it here first.

Honestly, you may not be too far off! Sounds about right to me.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:00 am

So I'm still pondering the best time for me to travel to Magic Mountain.

It's either going to be the week after Labor Day, or sometime during the Winter.

Either way, crowds should be relatively decent (did HITP at MM get real crowded last year?) . . . and if I do a winter trip, I'd escape the cold Maryland fall/winter

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby DBJ » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:06 am

It is quite the area they are working on back there, lot of space for something potentially very impressive. Although with Green Lantern SBNO, 2019 should also be the year where they either sell it to another park, or get it working. Having 20 coasters in park is not much of a record with a SBNO coaster.

My wish list for cycone bay, would be 1.) let RMC take a crack at Apocalypse 2.) New coaster that works 3.) flat ride - doesn't have to be on scale of Crazy 4.) continued infrastructure improvements / theme to the areas, 5.) X2 restraints are looking kind of chewed up, time to refurb them.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby southpuddle » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:15 am

^yeah, when was the last time all of their coasters were actually operating on the same day? Anyone know?

It’ll be interesting to see if the Six Flags company makes an exception to their “no giant blockbuster expensive attraction” strategy for SFMM now that it’s their (only) truly year-round park.

PreviousNext