The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby edgeboy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:06 pm

I was a bit surprised by the Star Flyer rumor, because I had been hearing more about a Giant Frisbee/Giant Discovery flat more. Although I think either one would be cool, it'd be great for SFMM to amp up it's flats collection before a possible coaster in 2020.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Didn't winds used to shut down the old Observe Tower way back when? For times nobody could guess at, even back then.

So, would this/could this happen with a Star Flyer, such as is suggested, is possibly coming?

:?r
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:13 pm

If the park finally gets a large flat, I would hope it isn't a starflyer. Though I can see why they would, being able to market it as the tallest in the world is a no-brainer marketing wise and would line right up with the whole Six Flags "5 record breakers for 2018" thingy. 10 days y'all =)
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:02 pm

I think a star flyer would be an awesome addition to the park, especially positioned on top of the hill. Maybe 500 feet? =)
Steel: 161 / Wood: 32 / Total: 193
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:46 pm

edgeboy wrote:I was a bit surprised by the Star Flyer rumor, because I had been hearing more about a Giant Frisbee/Giant Discovery flat more. Although I think either one would be cool, it'd be great for SFMM to amp up it's flats collection before a possible coaster in 2020.

I'd rather see a Giant Frisbee as they are some of my favorite flat rides. That said, I wouldn't hate a record breaking Star Flyer and it would be a huge hit with the GP.
Coaster Count: 211 Last Coaster: Twisted Colossus
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:27 pm

I'd definitely prefer a Giant Frisbee as I think they're fantastic rides overall that match thrills against fun, but I could see the draw of a massive Star Flyer too. I've ridden both the Texas and the New Jersey ones, and they're nerve-wracking. Aside from the height, the ride isn't up to much, but they certainly draw attention and set records.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:41 am

Sky Tower is transformed into the first Polercoaster west of the Rockies.

Hey, a guy can dream.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby VCXfreak » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:38 am

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:Sky Tower is transformed into the first Polercoaster west of the Rockies.

Hey, a guy can dream.

Shoot.......... I'm with you on that one! Would love to see a polercoaster here in the West. Or with a little reinforcement, the sky tower can become a new thrill! !

Can you imagine a super star flyer using the tower? Holy crap my pants Batman! That would be AWESOME! SF is always finding a way to revamp the old to a new thrill. Well here you go.... SKY TOWER FLYER!

Superman sways when you are on Lex going up. I think that is crazy feeling!

This would be crazy scary!
Live Laugh Love Ride

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:45 am

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:Sky Tower is transformed into the first Polercoaster west of the Rockies.

Hey, a guy can dream.

Could have said "first Polercoaster anywhere," since the initial one in Florida is no closer to beginning construction than it was when it was announced 3 years ago.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:54 am

I would LOVE to see the park take care of what they have, including fixing up Sky Tower. But, a Star Flyer would be awesome!
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

PreviousNext