moviemansig wrote:I have some questions about the flash pass.  If you purchase the flash pass in advance online, how long do you typically have to wait to pick it up once you get to the park?  When does the flash pass center open?  If you get the platinum level, do you still have to make a time reservation for the rides you want to do?  Is the $15 upcharge worth it on X2? [4a] If not, should you run to it first? [4b] Is X2 usually up-and-running right from the get go?  If you wanted to sit in the front for Tatsu and Goliath (for example), would they let you?  For a group of three of four, can each person have their own flash pass device?  Lastly, what does single reservation mean? Thanks a lot.
I'll try to answer these for you:
1) There is a separate line for people who've purchased the FP online, so the wait should be minimal to pick it up (5-10 minutes). I've noticed this summer that there have been FP reps in the entrance plaza, so you may be able to pick it up before the park opens.
2) The FP center opens with the park and stays open after park closing time.
3) You don't have to make reservations for a specific time, but you still have to reserve each ride. With the Platinum FP, the ride reservation is typically available right away or within 5-10 minutes. The thing to do is make your next ride reservation as soon as you get scanned in for your current ride.
4) There is no longer an upcharge for X2 on the Platinum FP, you get a one-time reservation now. It's still an upcharge on Gold.
4b) X2 is generally open with the park, but it's easy to tell if it's not. If a ride goes down, you can cancel your reservation for that ride and pick something else, then reserve that ride again later when it opens back up.
5) There are no seating restrictions for the FP, so yes you can sit in the front rows if you want.
6) Each person can have their own FP device, but you would have to pay for each one separately. If you're going to stay together the whole day, it's easier to just have one device for the whole group.
7) Single reservation means you only get one reservation on the FP and once you use it, it's gone. For example, you get a single reservation for Fu11 Throttle and if you want to ride it again, you would have to wait in the normal line. For rides like Tatsu and Goliath, you can reserve them as much as you want as there are no limits on those rides. It kinda pisses me off how many restrictions that SFMM has on their FPs. I understand limiting reservations on new rides like Justice League or terrible capacity rides like Superman, but there's no reason to limit reservations on rides like FT, TC, or X2. When I got FL Plus at CP, there were no limits on how many times I could ride Maverick, Valravn, TTD, MF, etc.