coastercoaster5 wrote:What should I expect for crowds at Fright Fest tonight? Also, if i get there at 810ish, what should i do first?
To easy to answer.
Park is off the hookkkkkkkkkkkkkkk packedddddddddddddddddd
If you got there at 8:10 your still looking for parking.
Just remember every car is inside SFMM as Hurricane has been closed since 6pm.
What to do first? .... Try to enjoy the scare zones and wait for a colder night to return and do the mazes at that time.
Not even true. I got there at 7 and way too easy. No wait at toll booths, and right into a spot in front of Scream. Could've parked closer but didn't notice the lot was so empty until I got out and was walking.
Fright Fest is pretty good this year. The mazes are the same level of quality as last year and the scare zones have vastly improved. The park was pretty busy until 11:30 or so, but crowds thinned very quickly after that. Here's what I checked out:
1) Demon's Door- cool, same as last year, FIRE!
2) Toyz of Terror 3D - good with 3D glasses, kinda lame without.
3) Red's Revenge - More air effects and more wolflike characters throughout the maze, better than last year.
4) Voodoo Nights - great, high quality performance
5) Zombie Xing - more actors this year, great because it is dark
6) Sinister Circuit - Wow, using the Holiday in the Park lights in DC Universe really works! More fun than scary, but that's okay!
7) Terrortory Twisted - The best one! Projection Mapping on buildings, tons of fog, tons of actors, and TONS of props for the actors to hide in! Plus the area is HUGE so that's another plus.
8) Unleashed - didn't get to watch this but heard that it was great! Very similar to Kwerk but with new acts! Four shows per night.
9) The Wastelands - lots of fog and great actors!
10) The Aftermath - Greatly improved from last year - probably double the number of actors! Went in this after midnight to find no line whatsoever, in fact my two friends and I were the only ones in the maze! We got cornered by like 8 actors and couldn't even move! It was awesome!
11) Willoghby's Garden of Darkness - well, I'd still say it's the worst maze in the park but it's much better than last year. It's darker and it has more actors who aren't just hiding in plant suits. The Willoughby's daughter is a much more prominent character this year.
12) Exile Hill- Great as usual!
13) Nightmares - Plussed up scare zone- way more cool props and actors this year! Black lights are cool!!
14) X2: Satan's Domain: only thing that has changed here is the audio. No props or theming at all. The new audio is basically a creepy remix of the old audio. This really hurt my calves at the end tonight.
That's all I got to check out tonight. Vault 666 had a 2-hour line all night so I'll hit that up next week. Same with Willoughby's and Chupacabra.
Overall great event this year!! Although there isn't much new stuff added this year, they have added a lot more actors to the mazes and especially the scare zones. So that's a plus! You should totally check it out if you can!
That's all I got to check out