The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5451 - West Coast Racers Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby coastercoaster5 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:46 am

What should I expect for crowds at Fright Fest tonight? Also, if i get there at 810ish, what should i do first?

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby SFMMGeek27 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:45 pm

No idea for crowds. I'm going at 7 so I can keep you posted as well!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby ioio » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:04 pm

SFMMGeek27 wrote:No idea for crowds. I'm going at 7 so I can keep you posted as well!

Please do, I'm debating ;)

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby ioio » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:31 pm

Apparently the dining pass is still only until 7:30pm, even though the park hours run later than usual. Boo!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby VTown661 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:42 pm

coastercoaster5 wrote:What should I expect for crowds at Fright Fest tonight? Also, if i get there at 810ish, what should i do first?

To easy to answer.

Park is off the hookkkkkkkkkkkkkkk packedddddddddddddddddd

If you got there at 8:10 your still looking for parking.

Just remember every car is inside SFMM as Hurricane has been closed since 6pm.

What to do first? .... Try to enjoy the scare zones and wait for a colder night to return and do the mazes at that time.
At times i will do random acts of kindness.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:12 pm

The park took some nights away (the random Wednesday it was open last year was awesome!), so I imagine it will be packed for the month.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby SFMMGeek27 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:58 am

VTown661 wrote:
coastercoaster5 wrote:What should I expect for crowds at Fright Fest tonight? Also, if i get there at 810ish, what should i do first?

To easy to answer.

Park is off the hookkkkkkkkkkkkkkk packedddddddddddddddddd

If you got there at 8:10 your still looking for parking.

Just remember every car is inside SFMM as Hurricane has been closed since 6pm.

What to do first? .... Try to enjoy the scare zones and wait for a colder night to return and do the mazes at that time.

Not even true. I got there at 7 and way too easy. No wait at toll booths, and right into a spot in front of Scream. Could've parked closer but didn't notice the lot was so empty until I got out and was walking.

Fright Fest is pretty good this year. The mazes are the same level of quality as last year and the scare zones have vastly improved. The park was pretty busy until 11:30 or so, but crowds thinned very quickly after that. Here's what I checked out:

1) Demon's Door- cool, same as last year, FIRE!
2) Toyz of Terror 3D - good with 3D glasses, kinda lame without.
3) Red's Revenge - More air effects and more wolflike characters throughout the maze, better than last year.
4) Voodoo Nights - great, high quality performance
5) Zombie Xing - more actors this year, great because it is dark
6) Sinister Circuit - Wow, using the Holiday in the Park lights in DC Universe really works! More fun than scary, but that's okay!
7) Terrortory Twisted - The best one! Projection Mapping on buildings, tons of fog, tons of actors, and TONS of props for the actors to hide in! Plus the area is HUGE so that's another plus.
8) Unleashed - didn't get to watch this but heard that it was great! Very similar to Kwerk but with new acts! Four shows per night.
9) The Wastelands - lots of fog and great actors!
10) The Aftermath - Greatly improved from last year - probably double the number of actors! Went in this after midnight to find no line whatsoever, in fact my two friends and I were the only ones in the maze! We got cornered by like 8 actors and couldn't even move! It was awesome!
11) Willoghby's Garden of Darkness - well, I'd still say it's the worst maze in the park but it's much better than last year. It's darker and it has more actors who aren't just hiding in plant suits. The Willoughby's daughter is a much more prominent character this year.
12) Exile Hill- Great as usual!
13) Nightmares - Plussed up scare zone- way more cool props and actors this year! Black lights are cool!!
14) X2: Satan's Domain: only thing that has changed here is the audio. No props or theming at all. The new audio is basically a creepy remix of the old audio. This really hurt my calves at the end tonight.

That's all I got to check out tonight. Vault 666 had a 2-hour line all night so I'll hit that up next week. Same with Willoughby's and Chupacabra.

Overall great event this year!! Although there isn't much new stuff added this year, they have added a lot more actors to the mazes and especially the scare zones. So that's a plus! You should totally check it out if you can!

That's all I got to check out

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby MagicMountainMan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:31 am

Thanks for the quick review, keep them coming! Believe it or not these are actually read so feedback is great!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby JeromyL » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:23 am

Maggiekat and I will be flying in from Vegas To go Saturday October 10th
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/1ca0001026f6d685dfa4545ede364cfc.jpg[/img][/url]

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby joshfreund » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:23 am

Yeah...went at 830, found parking in the first lot, crowded but not too bad...lines were not too long...I've seen and been there in far worse crowds.. didn't ride TC..but Tatsu was a 45 minute wait, Riddlers maybe 20...It certainty was not off the hook way over crowded as stated above

PreviousNext