The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Gimme Some Candy!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread!!!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:17 am

LaMapa wrote:
CharlieT. wrote:Quick question. If you are delayed at the top of Lex, do any operators let guests know through the speakers at the top of the tower, or do you just suddenly drop without notice? I should be visiting the park in September and look forward to getting on the new ride but being stuck up there freaks me out a bit.

Yes they do. Yesterday they said "Attention, you will be dropping momentarily. Be ready to drop! Then after another 45 seconds or so, it dropped randomly and actually scared me!

That would still scare the crap out of me. The worst part about drop towers to me is the anticipation - not knowing what "soon" means would be terrible! (But I'd love it once I was on the ground and would be ready to go again.)
Last edited by coasterfreak101 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:34 am.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LaMapa » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:27 am

^And we got another ride with no wait after that! So you would get what you wish for!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manic Monte » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:46 am

JonnyRCT3 wrote:I've decided not to get pumped for this "YOLOcoaster project". I was at first, but then it hit me "Worlds largest Vertical Loop", it seems the mountain only cares about inversions, it already has 30+. This saddens me :cry: . Now if it has a good twisty layout, like I305/Mav. This will be a must for 2013/14 :lmao:

All rumours thus far. Truthfully, no ones knows anything about this ride yet. What if the loop is like the inverted loop on Superman (SFDK) ?

It's so unfair to already be judging a ride before it's even announced.

I can see where we're headed. "Ugh, I'm not looking forward to whatever "park A" builds in 2016, it's going to suck! :lol:

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby RCT3luvr » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi! I have been following this "discussion" for over half a year but never posted. While I live in northern california, I come down to SFMM all of the time. I am going next monday, and was wondering if this was the best day of the week to go. I was thinking of going to LL:DOD first, use the single rider line, and then head over towards batman and just go around the park that way. Every other time I have been here, I have gotten to the park right when it opened, and booked it to X2, then Tatsu. Which way should I do it this time? Should i go on monday? :p

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby MontagnaMagica » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:40 pm

JonnyRCT3 wrote:I've decided not to get pumped for this "YOLOcoaster project". I was at first, but then it hit me "Worlds largest Vertical Loop", it seems the mountain only cares about inversions, it already has 30+. This saddens me :cry: . Now if it has a good twisty layout, like I305/Mav. This will be a must for 2013/14 :lmao:

I don't know how many times I've had to say this, but just because it has inversions, that doesn't mean it can't have airtime. You can have both!

RCT3luvr wrote:Hi! I have been following this "discussion" for over half a year but never posted. While I live in northern california, I come down to SFMM all of the time. I am going next monday, and was wondering if this was the best day of the week to go. I was thinking of going to LL:DOD first, use the single rider line, and then head over towards batman and just go around the park that way. Every other time I have been here, I have gotten to the park right when it opened, and booked it to X2, then Tatsu. Which way should I do it this time? Should i go on monday? :p

If you're going to use the single rider line, there's no point in going there first. If I'm not mistaken, the single rider line is not very long. (I could be wrong though, having never been on LL:DOD)

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Location: In between Knott's Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Postby Xceleratorfan96 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:45 pm

For the international fellow, Monday would probably be better because people are heading home from vacation, but it will still have fair crowds. Labor Day kids are actually still out of school...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Eluc » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:12 am

Xceleratorfan96 wrote:For the international fellow, Monday would probably be better because people are heading home from vacation, but it will still have fair crowds. Labor Day kids are actually still out of school...

Thanks for all the answers. I've also asked Six Flags customer services and they said Monday they're expecting less crowd in the park he doesn't even told me about Flash Pass in his answer.

I think we will try without Gold Flash Pass first, see how it is and hoping there will be still left in case of crowd coming. And I'll ride as single rider many time because my sweetie will probably don't dear to do rides like LL, X2 or Tatsu. You speak about single rider line for LL, do you know if there is also a single rider line for X2, Tatsu and other major rides? so I can ride them faster while my sweetie wait me. (I'm a big fan of single rider lines, when I'm at a park with my brother many time we use it to re-ride faster).

I'm very excited for this visit, following by Knott's Berry Farm on Wednesday and Universal studios on Thursday.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Top Thrill Dragster » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:27 am

Eluc wrote:
Xceleratorfan96 wrote:For the international fellow, Monday would probably be better because people are heading home from vacation, but it will still have fair crowds. Labor Day kids are actually still out of school...

Thanks for all the answers. I've also asked Six Flags customer services and they said Monday they're expecting less crowd in the park he doesn't even told me about Flash Pass in his answer.

I think we will try without Gold Flash Pass first, see how it is and hoping there will be still left in case of crowd coming. And I'll ride as single rider many time because my sweetie will probably don't dear to do rides like LL, X2 or Tatsu. You speak about single rider line for LL, do you know if there is also a single rider line for X2, Tatsu and other major rides? so I can ride them faster while my sweetie wait me. (I'm a big fan of single rider lines, when I'm at a park with my brother many time we use it to re-ride faster).

I'm very excited for this visit, following by Knott's Berry Farm on Wednesday and Universal studios on Thursday.

Rides that have single rider lines:

Green Lantern

Drop of Doom

Riddlers Revenge

Viper

Revolution.

Neither X2 or Tatsu have them.
Apollos Chariot #1!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby aiken85 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:15 am

It was a great adventure for me, the weather should not be too bad, it will probably packed like it always is at Fright Fest but it's well worth it. But take my advice, RIDE X2 FIRST! If you don't you might not get a ride because of tee 3-4 hour line.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby JonnyRCT3 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:38 am

MontagnaMagica wrote:

I don't know how many times I've had to say this, but just because it has inversions, that doesn't mean it can't have airtime. You can have both!

Maybe I should of worded this better. What I meant was that the Mountain was once again making the "loop" a possible centerpiece to the ride. Inversions seem to be the "big thing"to the the big wigs. But with the ride rumored to go on Log Jammers site, I'm sure it will have lots of sexy intamin curves :lover: . I'm thinking that it will be something similar to cheetah hunt, minus the theming. Or maybe a older cousin of Furius Baco :br

PreviousNext