The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5451 - West Coast Racers Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 32 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did Medusa in the front and back

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread!!!

Postby atem122 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:03 am

^ESPN Radio (AM 710) will have the game transmitted

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Unfortunately the topography of the Santa Clarita Valley creates a weird radio vortex making it rather difficult to receive most any radio station, including 710AM. I'd say your best bet is to watch/get updates online from inside Cyber Cafe. Best of luck!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:03 pm

I know my phone has an app for ESPN radio, if anybody has a smart-phone you may be able to get something.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Top Thrill Dragster » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:20 pm

You can go to Cybercafe and watch the game on UStream or JustinTV. During WCB I went to Cybercafe to watch the Pittsburgh Penguins vs Carolina Hurricanes hockey game. Just make sure you bring a pair of headphones as the computer have no speakers.
Apollos Chariot #1!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Andy 24 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Hey guys! Just came back from the Mountain today...it wasnt too packed with most of the ride being 20-30 minute waits while a few being walk-ons... Got on Terminator once, Riddlers twice, Batman twice, Scream twice, Goliath twice, Revolution once, Viper three times, X2 once, Tatsu once, and Ninja once...Superman was the only ride closed (interesting on how they blocked off the entire section starting from the Laughing Dragon rather than just the enterance)... It was a good day overall for me :)

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby coasterking2981 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:26 am

^Well it appears that Superman is closed for 'annual maintenance' for the coming months, and according to Screamscape, it might be closed until late 2011.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:45 am

^I'm glad I got one of the credits then! That's too bad though since I wouldn't mind riding it again. At least it's such a simple ride that I know exactly what I'm (not) missing.
I'm curious about what will come of this...could be very interesting!
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Hayzle » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:44 am

So what is everyone here thinking? New coaster, honestly just new maintenance? Since the plans changed at Great America and Great Adventure, I could see the plans changing here too. Maybe they use the existing structure and build something like kingda ka, but faster and taller? I always thought that would look impressive up there on top of the mountain. Just my two cents
I conquered the lazer snake dive loop of flaming death

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby ericm95 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:49 am

Okay well I went to the mountain friday too and as you know Superman was closed but here is my trip report of my day. So first it wasn't crowded at all that day which made me happy cause I didn't have to get a flash pass. And I overheard a funny conversation with the GP and it went like this:
"They added a new roller coaster this year"
"Really? What?"
"Ninja"
"That's new? I thought that was already here."
"They changed it"
"Really?"
"Yeah. They made it bigger and faster."
I thought it was funny. But first I went with 3 friends and 2 of them were chickens and didn't go on anything, not even Colossus, so I wanted to go on Tatsu first but they made me go on roaring rapids first, and I got SOAKED only my waist down got drenched. But when we went on Tatsu and we got back in the station, my shorts were still drenched and dripping, everyone thought I pissed myself! I was like it's water! So they had to clean the train because they thought it was pee. It was embarrassing!!! So next we hit Terminator then when I said let's go on Riddler's and I showed it to them the chickens were like no I'm not ready let's go on Ninja. So we went to Ninja and it broke down right as about we were going to get on. Just because this is getting to long i'm going to speed this up. So after we hit Goliath which was like a walk on almost, then Ninja again because the chickens wanted to go on and right as about to go on it broke down again! I was so mad because I didn't want to go on Ninja. Then after we hit Riddler's, Batman, Scream, then made the trek all the way from scream to X2. It was funny because my friend was screaming for her life on it. The audio was messed up on our train, right as we got out of the station the "Goinnng dooown" and sabotage came on and when we hit the lift it just stopped, and one of the fire cannons weren't working and the ride got a tad bit bumpy. Oh well I still loved the ride and still is my favorite ride there. So to end the day we went on X2 and Tatsu again and got the most delicious funnel cake and left around 9. So here's my ride count in order:
Tatsu: 1x
Terminator: 1x
Ninja: 1x
Goliath: 1x
Ninja: 1x (2x total)
Riddler's: 1x
Batman: 1x
Scream: 1x
X2: 2x
Tatsu: 1x (2 times total)

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Andy 24 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:59 pm

^ Funny how I too overheard a GP conversation while I was on Batman after the had ended..we were waiting for us to be moved to the station when I hear these girls talking about wooden coasters...the first one asks, "Whats a wooden coaster?"... The other girl gives her the obvisous answer and she ends up replying "Well, thats so stupid, why would they make a ride out of wood?!"... That made me chuckle a bit :lmao: The audio on X2 was working fine with me though I did notice one side of the flamethrowers were working like you said... And yes I got the back row alone...I thought I was gonna kick myself in the face through that last raven turn :(

PreviousNext