The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5451 - West Coast Racers Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This 16 year old puts you to shame

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread!!!

Postby socalMAN123 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Hitting up the park tomorrow, haven't been since February so I'm looking forward to it. About the Colossus refurb Texas Giant style, that would be awesome. I would love to see Colossus get some love, I think it's an overlooked and under appreciated ride.
---Brent =)
Disobey

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Fire2box » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:15 pm

I think this may very well be my first post here on the forums.

Anyway's I live up here in northern/central california and I got a season pass to Discovery Kingdom Mudusa is the only coaster I really like there. Animal shows are good.

that said there's not many good coasters there. So thankfully me, my dad and his girlfriend took a road trip down to LA at the end of june to the 3rd of july. The first day we spent all day at SFMM, we got there just before it opened and were the first three though the front gates. However none of us have been there, so we didn't know what to do or how to get there. We ended up going on perhaps the 2nd ride of Terminator and it was walk-on, me and his girlfriend took the front seat and where the only two on it. Of course there was no audio at all, but there was mist and flames.

After that she somehow convinced me to go on Superman with her. I got a fear of heights, so we walked on that and it was a fun but very quick experience. I forgot what we did after that, but I rode collsus twice that day which is a great ride I think and perhaps my favorite wooden coaster I ever been on. We left the park, ate at wendy's down the road and went to our motel room. Me and my dad then go back to the park since he has a season parking pass. I somehow get the balls to go on Tatsu then X2, both of which are great. Though I hate how Tatsu makes me feel like im going to pass out on that huge inside loop. I was expecting negative G's there, not positive ones.

Tatsu was a overall disappointment since it did not really feel like flying at all due to the position your in. Still fun though.

As for X2, I went on it alone and got lucky enough to ride on the very back, I took the left outer most seat and that ride was amazing.

So which seat is actually better for X2? The front, or the back?

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:49 pm

I won't ride X2 in any seat but the front anymore. The second two rows are OK. The last half of the train seems to just make my body hurt the rest of the day.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Fire2box » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:00 pm

Guy T. Koepp wrote:I won't ride X2 in any seat but the front anymore. The second two rows are OK. The last half of the train seems to just make my body hurt the rest of the day.

I guess I'll try and get the front seat next time.. I was assuming the very front or the very back are the best since your the first or last ones to experience everything.

though it does suck that the music "Goiiinnng down!!!!!" isn't too synced up with the back, from my experience. Also I couldn't really hear the music asides from the lift hill, the breaking station and on boarding.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Hydraglow » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Guy T. Koepp wrote:I won't ride X2 in any seat but the front anymore. The second two rows are OK. The last half of the train seems to just make my body hurt the rest of the day.

Finally, someone who lives by the same "X2 Rules" as me.

Ahhh, gotta love that last sentence there. Let's quote it again, just in case anyone missed it.

Guy T. Koepp wrote:The last half of the train seems to just make my body hurt the rest of the day.

Yup, sums it up quite nicely.

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:15 pm

I was at SFMM yesterday and noticed something interesting...the "other" elevator at Sky Tower was operating (the one that faces the back of the park, not toward Tatsu). For whatever reason, I was under the impression that they wouldn't run that elevator again just because there isn't enough demand for it. Maybe as a backup, though.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby ericm95 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Going to the mountain friday. How do you think crowds will be?

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby haiderodes » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:56 pm

^^I wonder if it is a requirement to either A.) keep the operating license for both elevators or B.) keep the back elevator in operating condition by running it ever so often. I imagine it would be better to have it fully functionally so it could be used as a backup. But like you, I thought they never would use the second elevator again since I havent seen it run in like forever.
walking in space.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby SFMM fanboy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:34 pm

Random question.
What are some of the special events for season passholders?

Hopes Magic Mountain gets a used Roller Skater that 36" kids can ride.

Postby cooksta77 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:02 pm

^Season Passholder Night.
Trying to look smart on the TPR forums since 2008.

PreviousNext