The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5451 - West Coast Racers Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread!!!

Postby pietnoeck » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi,

My first time on this forum and what a wealth of information.

I'm planning on visiting MM in august, what are the best days to go ?
Avoid the weekends ?

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Dietcokevan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:54 pm

^ Try to avoid going on weekends during the summer. Though if you have to go on a weekend, I would recommend a flash pass. If you go during during the week, you might want a flash pass if you want re-rides. If you want to ride everything once and be done, you should be able to ride everything in one day. Also souvenir bottles are a MUST during the summer, HIGHLY recommended! Best days are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday IMO during the summer.

I might be able to help more if I had more knewledge about your trip. Like how long it is, want to spend as little as possible, ect.
Offical fanboy of Shea Weber.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:07 pm

^ I would just recommend getting free water cups throughout the day. You don't have to pay anything and don't have to hold on to a cup.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby AWill961 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:08 am

EBL wrote:^ Doesn't that model even say "Great American Scream Machine" on it? I can't remember. But some employees really don't know that much... ;)

Eric

Yes. It does. It also says Six Flags Great Adventure, where it is currently in operation.

After telling the employee that, he looked, and then he told me that "I'm right."

Postby AWill961 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:10 am

pietnoeck wrote:Hi,

My first time on this forum and what a wealth of information.

I'm planning on visiting MM in august, what are the best days to go ?
Avoid the weekends ?

August is not bad.

If you go on the weekdays of August you won't have to worry about crowds too much. July is the worst of the three months, June---July--August, in my experience.

I'd recommend you go sometime in the middle of /late August. Sometime around there. Just avoid Saturdays. Sundays aren't bad.

Don't waste your money on a flash pass, like other people tell you to. You can get re-rides on Tatsu, Deja Vu, and Terminator in the morning if you wish by going with those three as your first rides for the day. You can easily get re-rides on the rest of the rides there any time of the day, excluding X2.

I usually save X2 for last and if there's time left over (there always is) I may fit in a second ride of it or additional re-rides of the other rides. But I don't care for re-rides on X2 personally, so I go ride Goliath again hehe.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby rcg19 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:58 am

Deleted by user
Last edited by rcg19 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:02 pm.

Did Medusa in the front and back

Postby atem122 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:40 am

I went on a weekday in late August last year (August 20something I think), and the park was pretty much empty. Just go on a weekday and late August and you'll be good to go.

Postby AWill961 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:28 pm

Hey guys,

Do any of you think we're going to get something special next year? I'm not talking about the obvious, Mr. Six. :lmao:

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:14 am

Very interesting screamscape rumor.
2012-2013 - Colossus Refurbishment - (6/5/10) I’ve got a soft spot for Colossus at SFMM… after all it was the woodie I rode most as a kid growing up in SoCal. I remembering riding it with the 3-Bench PTC trains in the early years and on the 2-Bench California style Morgan trains that were added in later years. I’ve even ridden it backwards many times using a borrowed B&M train from the Psyclone coaster. That said… I’m hearing that Colossus is due to another revamp sometime in the next few years… as the Morgan trains are coming to the end of their lifespan and need replacing. Facing the aspect of buying some costly new coaster trains, management is hoping to find a way to market this costly expense in their favor and all eyes are keeping careful tabs on the Texas Giant rebuild in progress, as Colossus is said to be a possible candidate for the process as well.
If Colossus does get the green light, it’s said that we could very well see some huge changes made to the ride’s layout in order to spice things up like banking those slow flat turns, and making the hills even more thrilling and full of airtime. Yep… I think it would be a great idea to make remodel Colossus back into the monster coaster it could be once again, so cross your fingers.

At WCB it was mentioned that colosus would be up for a paint job in the next few years and it would be a great move for the park to not only restore a classic, but it is often a walk on, and this woud breathe new life into a classic. Anyone buy into this at all?

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:43 am

^I think if we see an awesome turn around for the Texas Giant, then it is very likely we will see a re-imagining of Colossus. That is just MHO.

Guy "God knows it needs it." Koepp

PreviousNext