Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:05 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Anac0nda wrote:The CEO of Linnanmäki confirmed on a newspaper article yesterday that Vonkaputous is indeed being distmantled.

Good. That ride was trash.

If only they also got rid of Tulireki and replaced it with either A: a new flat or B: an extra element or two for the new coaster or C: Really anything else except Tulireki

Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:27 am

"We are making room for something new.
The old shall yield for the ferocious!"*
Original Facebook post
Teas2.jpg

*Not official translation but you get the point ;)

Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:45 pm

With public planning permission document there's a mentioned that ride will be 71 meters tall measured from the sea level. kirnu ( Intamin Zac Spin) is 66 meters. Drop might be big cause that the planned construction point where this 71 meters is measured is in the former valley of Vonkaputous water coaster.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:09 am

Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:00 am

Top speed will be 65.86 miles per hour.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:44 am

New teaser! The ride (very clearly a coaster) will be 52 meters tall!

Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:51 am

But all the experts now to the front.. Can we say is it Mack or Intamin and what kind of elemet this truly is? Tophat? I tried to google and rcdb for recent top hat installations of both (Intamin & Mack) and they gave me no clear answer to whom ride this could be.. Of course there's a artistic style of PR-company that it is just the "track" and none of the reality..

Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:00 am

D-86 wrote:Of course there's a artistic style of PR-company that it is just the "track" and none of the reality..

That 3D model of the track is too good to be a strictly artistic rendering. It appears to be a NoLimits simulation with one of the Intamin track styles (2-seat hyper coaster, rocket coaster). However, the shaping looks like it's supposed to be a Mack.

EDIT: Looking at recent examples, I'm now not sure. Perhaps it IS an Intamin. We'll eventually find out.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:19 am

Looks to be an edited photo of Lynet's top hat

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:35 am

Pear wrote:Looks to be an edited photo of Lynet's top hat

The supports don't look the same to me
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS