Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:52 am

I just feel that it makes more sense putting the VR stuff on the indoor coasters, as well as making it optional. Good Job Linnanmaki!

Re: Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

Tue May 17, 2016 2:33 am

Linnunrata eXtra opens this week, on Friday 20th! The park has released a teaser video:

IIK!WEEK

Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:54 am

Linnanmäki has announced that they're organizing a fright-fest type week called "IIK!WEEK" (pronounced eekweek)


It will be held in september 3 to september 11 and might become an annual event along with the festival of light.

-General theme of the park will have spooky effects added to it with roaming live actors

-A 12+ horror maze attraction will be separately built into an old building in the park, this will be open daily during the event and is free if you have a wristband and costs two tickets if you dont have one (2 tickets = 16€). You can't reserve a spot in the horror maze, you must queue like everyone else.

-A zombie parade, with zombies roaming the park during one of the saturdays, these live actors will even be going on rides

-A surprise in the tunnel of the scenic railway

-The dodgems will have clowns chasing people

-Monorail will get themed

-The witch-themed ghost train hotel will get live actor witches scaring people during their rides

-The family friendly magic circus dark ride will now have clowns roaming around to annoy and spook guests

-The parks walkthrough horror ride "Kammokuja" will also have live actors in it

-The VR Coaster will have a new horror themed film on it

-The Kingi free fall tower can now be ridden blindfolded

-Restaurants will be themed to spooky theming

-And much more


This is very exciting as this is the first Finnish park to do something like this, but then again Linnanmäki would be the obvious choice since they pull in incredible amounts of tourists annually.

Re: IIK!WEEK

Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Rill'o'beily wrote:Linnanmäki has announced that they're organizing a fright-fest type week called "IIK!WEEK" (pronounced eekweek)....


Eek!week. I love it. :)

Re: IIK!WEEK

Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:10 pm

Rill'o'beily wrote:-The family friendly magic circus dark ride will now have clowns roaming around to annoy and spook guests


Lots of cool ideas they're doing, but this one is clearly the winner!!!

Re: Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:12 pm

These ideas they have are so funky. It will be much more of a hand on and thrilling Halloween thing than most parks, and if they pull it off, could be something really good, and an awesome base to build off for future years.

Re: IIK!WEEK

Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:15 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:
Rill'o'beily wrote:Linnanmäki has announced that they're organizing a fright-fest type week called "IIK!WEEK" (pronounced eekweek)....


Eek!week. I love it. :)


Best name for a fright-fest EVER!! :)

Re: IIK!WEEK

Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:19 pm

viking86 wrote:
Nrthwnd wrote:
Rill'o'beily wrote:Linnanmäki has announced that they're organizing a fright-fest type week called "IIK!WEEK" (pronounced eekweek)....


Eek!week. I love it. :)


Best name for a fright-fest EVER!! :)


I'll second that. Love it!

Re: IIK!WEEK

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Rill'o'beily wrote:-The dodgems will have clowns chasing people


Wait. What?! :lmao: That would seriously scare me so much.

Re: IIK!WEEK

Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Rill'o'beily wrote: -The family friendly magic circus dark ride will now have clowns roaming around to annoy and spook guests


:omg:

It used to be scary enough, with all the clowns they used to have in that ride.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS