Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

P. 24: "Taiga" Intamin launch coaster announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Re: Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

Postby _koppen » Wed May 07, 2014 3:17 am

Great photos Anac0nda!

Does it have "vibrating" seats before the drop like Mach Tower, or were they smart enough to skip it here?

Can't wait for the day I get to try it out, hopefully this year. I hope Moser will sell more of these, they look perfect for parks who are not on the Intamin budget, but still dosen't want a 40 meter tower.

It's a bit funny that the Americans on the Scani trip will get to ride two Mach Tower clones on the same trip, in the same country, both of which are likely to be better than the one at Busch Gardens.

I also love the station, they have done an amazing job there!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Noporian » Wed May 07, 2014 7:27 am

_koppen wrote:Great photos Anac0nda!

Does it have "vibrating" seats before the drop like Mach Tower, or were they smart enough to skip it here?

Can't wait for the day I get to try it out, hopefully this year. I hope Moser will sell more of these, they look perfect for parks who are not on the Intamin budget, but still dosen't want a 40 meter tower.

It's a bit funny that the Americans on the Scani trip will get to ride two Mach Tower clones on the same trip, in the same country, both of which are likely to be better than the one at Busch Gardens.

I also love the station, they have done an amazing job there!

They skipped the vibrating seats.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Anac0nda » Thu May 08, 2014 7:24 am

Actually, the seats do vibrate, or rather wobble. It's a very different kind of vibrating I was expecting: not short and sudden buzzing, but it feels like the whole gondola is shaking. I'm not sure if I'd prefer the buzzing, but this wobbling sure caught me by surprise! Although it is kinda gentle and easy to miss. But if you pay even a little attention you will notice it.

Funny thing that Scandi trip inlcudes both of Moser's Towers :Pr Did you know that Kingi uses wireless technology to transfer data from the gondola to the main computer, while Dragon Tower at PowerPark uses traditional bus bars (or that's what I've heard). This wireless method caused a little teething on Kingi in the opening weekend, but nothing major. Already on Sunday (2nd day open) it ran 6 hours straight without any problems and last Saturday it ran almost the whole day flawless. The mechanics from Linnanmäki and Moser have been seen working on Kingi almost constantly, got to give them a big thanks for all the effort they've already put.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:58 am

I love that the observation tower and the drop tower are so close to each other. Definitely presents a unique skyline for the park!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Mon May 12, 2014 4:59 am

Anac0nda wrote:Did you know that Kingi uses wireless technology to transfer data from the gondola to the main computer, while Dragon Tower at PowerPark uses traditional bus bars (or that's what I've heard). This wireless method caused a little teething on Kingi in the opening weekend, but nothing major. Already on Sunday (2nd day open) it ran 6 hours straight without any problems and last Saturday it ran almost the whole day flawless. The mechanics from Linnanmäki and Moser have been seen working on Kingi almost constantly, got to give them a big thanks for all the effort they've already put.

I didn't know that, that is very interesting. The future lies in wireless technology so it's nice to see them develop new solutions, and hopefully it will be for the better of the ride.

The ride already looks really good, and the early breaking of these towers seems almost gone on this one.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Postby Anac0nda » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:41 pm

After all that happened in the past two weeks, Kirnu had a soft opening yesterday and today was open for the whole day (and without any problems, as was expected). After final inspections and a test ride by the mechanics, Kirnu finally opened to the public and quickly attracted people to the queue. To my surprise, my colleagues told me that no-one asked anything about whether the ride is safe. Perhaps the decision to change new seats made everyone happy (plus that everyone was able to see that inspections were made) and that there was a note containing all the information about the situation at the queue. Anyway, it was good to finally see the ride running!

I also took a chance to take a quick test ride in the evening. After the ride I must say they didn't only replace new seats! The new seats are almost identical: only the part where your thighs are is a bit longer and a bit narrower, which means that the rider is now more secured. Or at least that's what I felt, and I liked it. It may prove a bit uncomfortable for larger guest, but I'll have to wait and see for that. But what else was made is that the cars seem to have had a complete spring cleaning in the chassis, as the cars clearly spin more easily now! It's like Kirnu is re-living its early days again! Before this the seats seemed to spin a bit sluggishly and the ride felt just a tiny bit neutered, but now it's got balls of steel again! :devil:
WP_001298.jpg
As you can see, the new seats look very familiar

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:36 pm

^Thank you for the update! I liked Kirnu a lot even after being denied another ride :p

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Noporian » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Kirnu! The great, the original zacspin!
Working great again!
I can't wait to ride again. :lmao:

New stuff for 2016

Postby Anac0nda » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:33 am

Linnanmäki opens this Saturday and has now revealed the hot new stuff for this season:

- 2 new family rides
- VR coaster experience (opens 20th May)
- a new terrace with a cafe and a midway game
- revamped main entrance area
- 2 new restaurants
- theme weeks during season

First of all, the 2 new family rides are Poppis (Gosetto Party Dance) and Propelli (Zamperla Magic Bikes). I guess many are already familiar with the Zamperla, but the Party Dance is a new ride for me. You can control your spinning with a joystick, while the main gondola rotates and bounces up and down. It certainly looks to have decent speed in the video, but I'll write a more detailed report later after I've ridden it. Both rides are meant to be interactive where adults can ride with the children rather than just watching them have fun.

Now the VR coaster: Linnunrata (custom indoor Zierer Force) gets the Samsung goggles and transforms into Linnunrata eXtra. I really did not see this one coming, and I am super excited to test it! Sadly the VR coaster company is swamped with work so Linnunrata has to wait a few weeks more. The layout isn't the longest, but it'll be interesting to see how they are going to use the two lifts for example. I guess the space theme will stay, but again only time will tell.

Other new things around the park: The "kiddie sector" of the park gets a facelift and the new terrace with the cafe. The location is nice and sunny, but I'm a bit worried about how crowded it will get since the area is already tiny. There will also be a new climbing course for small children and the new midway game. The park's main entrance area transforms from previous maritime-theme to a more generic-style (I guess?) and a new interactivity for children is introduced in the revamped candy store; children are taught about cotton candy and they can try to make their own! The 2 new restaurants nearby serve mexican and american diner styled food, and will replace two restaurants.

A circus-themed week will kickstart the season, a horror-themed week is planned for autumn and the season will end with a two-week-lasting Carnival of Lights.

Finnish source

Linnanmäki's Facebook

Finnish news, with video
13048222_10153683425617956_91315323065105600_o.jpg
Poppis (Gosetto Party Dance)
13055846_10153683425672956_714541446430859421_o.jpg
Propelli (Zamperla Magic Bikes)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rill'o'beily » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:25 am

These are great additions and im SO thankful that they made VR optional.

Especially considering that Linnunrata is their second most popular ride and the throughput is currently amazing,
it would slow down massively if everyone had to have VR, so it'll be a nice novelty to try like once.

Also it seems that american diners are now starting to be a fad in finland, i've seen the pop up everywhere in my town and now apparently in linnanmäki as well

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!